NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Going to storm this afternoon. It is DARK now. Could be a good one. Poor DH is mowing for his boss, hope he's done soon!

...and it's pouring.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's over already. That wasn't very exciting! More expected later though. It's SO humid!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness... The little turkeys started puffing up today. They're so young to be strutting their stuff! 2 toms, 1 hen. That means 2 dinners, 1 potential keeper. Our chocolate hen needs company, and we might make dog food out of the random mix breed hens. They're psycho attack turkeys, and we much prefer the personality of the chocolates! Our hen talks to us while we garden, she's sweet.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I want some little strutting turkeys! :love Cute and future meals. What could be better?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband said two of the dorking cockerels were sparring and the turkeys were fighting in circles around them, lol. It's going to be interesting for a while here! DH agreed with getting rid of the two random hens and going with only chocolates, yay! Think I might list them, they're worth at least $25 a piece or more.

Storms coming back now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been tempted to raise turkeys....DH would pitch a conniption fit. As well he should, I have so much going on right now. But there's always later.....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Clifford finally will let me pet him without acting like I'm trying to grab him.
What is his favourite treat? I found treats or something nice goes a long, long, long way with critters when you're trying to tame or handle them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We hand feed him his dinner at the moment. He's much better now. He just needed to not be grabbed for a while. He had an infection that required daily treatment and the breeder had 70 goats during breeding season so she tried to socialize as much as she could but she did end up having to just run in and grab him a lot.