NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I don't think we'll be moving anytime soon. DH has unrealistic ideas about how much stuff we have and how long it would take to move it all. I'll be here through at least one more NH winter I'm afraid! Almost time to buy a ton of pellets... Crazy how fast winter comes. Ughh.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Funny you say that, this year summer seem to have slipped by very quickly? Our days here are getting notably shorter already and the temperatures are dropping a little bit.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still warm during the days here but evenings are noticeably cooler. Which totally works for me! I LOVE fall!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow is my anniversary. 7 years. All I want for my anniversary is to get this pig butchered. This is normal.... Right?

DH is working on the freezer we are going to use to hang the pig. I'm trying not to drive him crazy here but really pushing for this to happen tomorrow. I love my DH but he is SO slow.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
pig butchering party is on! Have one confirmed helper, waiting to hear from the second. Will take pics. Happy anniversary farm style. It's about time, I'm out of pork chops.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, then we'll get the other pig moved to fresh grass and she'll have about a month. I want her gone by October1st, because by November 1st we need to butcher chickens (it'll likely take 2 weekends to get ours and our friend's done) and then it's hunting season. Sometime in there we have to build a barn... Sigh. Oh and I'm sure our friends who are helping us slaughter tomorrow are going to want us to help with their pigs this fall too. I don't think DH has thought about this.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - that's a lot of butchering going on. I have plans to butcher the young boar whenever we get cooler....like December, lol! The plan has been to do this one ourselves, but with DH's issues - who knows?

Pictures if you get a chance!

Latest posts