NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
power came back on. Broth is cooking. And then I got excited and made pumpkin bread. It smells amazing... I can't wait to try it!

Oh yeah... Feet up. I'll try that too! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pumpkin bread is ok. Not as good as it smelled. It has maple syrup and honey and zero sugar so I think my sweet tooth was disappointed! But it's good with butter!

I realized part of the reason I don't feel good. I went out to do chores and realized my house is like a bajillion degrees hotter than outside lol. Felt fine when I was out there moving around. It's hard to regulate temps this time of year. Our boiler is overkill for this weather and if we use it at night the house stays hot the next day. And it was 72 here today! Heat wave! I asked DH not to start the boiler last night and I woke up at 6 sweating and it was on. He doesn't like to be cold. The heat battle begins!

One of the does I'm buying had a date this morning! I get the strangest emails...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Or wear a sweatshirt during the day? Our house is like 75-80 in the winter (when he's home). It's awful. I actually stopped putting the insulation plastic stuff on the windows because we need some heat to escape!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow....that's got to be uncomfortable. I'm usually the one who's cold - but not anymore. My mom is cold at 75...geeze! I guess I'm not the best daughter ever cuz when she gets cold I hand her a sweater, or a blanket!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fun catching up here today as well! NH H you put your feet up and take it easy. You'll be plenty busy with no say over the matter soon :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tired but not so icky as yesterday, thanks. My husband's darling dog woke me up at 3:30 and I had a horrid time falling back asleep. Probably the coyotes again, she was pacing.

So my dorking hen got out, now my dorking roo is out and fighting the penned roos through the fence. If he finds my Dominique we're gonna have blood. And I'm not catching chickens alone so DH has a job when he gets home!

Butchering Sunday so we'll be down 8-9 chickens. THANK GOODNESS!

Latest posts