NH Homesteader's journal

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We often buy "the privacy" of a place and later realize that is not OURS, really. Like your neighbor. You probably never considered those trees would one day be gone! He has the right, so long as they are on his property. Sorry. Hopefully he is only taking a few.

I thought you guys were going to move South?? No?

There are woods at the back line of my property, some are on my property but, only about 40-50' into the woods. So that owner could cut the others. Since no one has lived there is over 40 years, doubt anything will happen along that line. Plus, it is landlocked so a lot of issues for a bank loan. I think I'm pretty ok with it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No I knew it was his and I've wondered since day one if he would ever cut it. I didn't choose this piece of property, it belonged to my parents before us.

I'm not moving anywhere very far for a while. We'll see where life takes us but it's not taking us out of NH while I'm pregnant, that's for sure. DH has a good business opportunity here that we aren't ready to walk away from right now either.

Our neighbors are decent people, and are Jehovah's Witnesses and I'm fairly certain they don't want that close of a view of our house, just like we don't want a close up view of theirs. So I assume they are either only taking a few trees or they are gearing up to sell their house. Will be interesting. Hoping DH runs into him at the store or something, he'll ask him what the heck he's plotting over there!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I saw that posted several years ago and laughed so hard. I had to go looking for it. It's just too funny, especially if you really could have an alligator at your door.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They come around here frequently. I don't mind 'em so much and I am always respectful. They are doing what they believe and as long as they respect me too - we part ways with a smile. (and a bunch of brochures, lol)

But, the alligator is way funnier!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband was friendly and chatted with them once (not our neighbors, people from elsewhere). Bad idea. They started coming back every week. We put up a No Trespassing sign (we wanted to do that anyway). They drove past it and asked DH if the sign was for them! Lol he told them to please stop coming and they did. Different one came a few months ago and I pretended to be really holding the dogs back and barely cracked the door. They were freaked out. Haven't seem them since.

Love the alligator!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had just started cooking broth, and right around the time it got up to temp, power goes out. Electric stove of course. Grrr

Got more apples in the freezer for apple crisp. Not feeling great today, think I overdid it yesterday cleaning.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noooo! Dontcha just hate it when that happens. Maybe it'll come back on quickly. Sorry you're feeling a bit wrung out today. You've got my permission (not that you need it, lol) to prop those feet up and take a break! :) Not so easy though when you've got another child...

I remember those days. I was just lucky that my second pregnancy was sooooo much easier than my first! I nearly slept the whole time with my first one. I think mother nature was suggesting that I get some sleep while I could and preparing me for the whirlwind that was my first child.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Women put their bodies thru a lot to bear children! I was fortunate & had no issues with either, plus fast deliveries, too. Morning sickness did not miss me tho! Not bad.

Take a rest, even just laying down without sleeping is helpful. So do that. You get enough exercise (very important to do!) just walking around the farm feeding. You deserve time off.