NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah it was awful. I hate finding dead animals. I seem to always be the one who finds them too.

I've been exhausted today. Haven't done much except make food and do farm chores. Supposed to get another snow storm tomorrow. Ughhh!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs It's not an easy thing no. After all the years and so many losses it still breaks my heart every time.

You're carrying around and nurturing a new human, of course you'll be tired! I hope you're putting your feet up and relaxing now. Tomorrow is a big day :) DS asked me about 50 times today what his presents are. He's so exited, I'm tempted to wait with him until midnight and let him open them then.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:sick The moment you hang halfway into an old outside privy with a handful of chick food as a bribe, making kissy noises and saying in the sweetest possible voice "Come HERE you little sh**s!" while trying not to breathe, you got to ask yourself…

Loving this!! :lol: :lol: Had to have been a moment you hoped no one wandered by to witness. :th

I hate finding dead animals. I seem to always be the one who finds them too.

Only one I had no issue with was ....... dead black snake hanging across a hot wire!!! :idunno Fence was shorted and after walking entire length for cause, found it near the barn. removed and wire back on!! TOO bad snake! :p

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! Ours was great, other than the part where my mom thought it would be fun to start a dog fight (people forget my mostly very sweet chow mix is part chow sometimes).

DD got a stupid amount of presents. She ate way too much sugar. A successful holiday. And I am exhausted!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sounds like a lovely day, apart from the dog incident!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD has a cold and now I'm getting it! Ugh!

Did not get enough sleep last night. Sigh. We have DD's class today, errands to run, an appointment at 2 and it's going to get COLD. 90% sure my pipes will freeze so DH will have to come home to deal with that tomorrow (he's making snow for a couple days, he left at 5am).

Good thing is we did both families' Christmas yesterday so the rest of the (very cold) week I get to relax. And un-decorate and find homes for all these new toys!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, I hope the colds don't ruin your relax days now! :hugs I need to start undecorating too. So far I've managed to clean downstairs at least. I'm so glad Xmas is over and done with for this year. It was nice and all, but I'm tired of it lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad Xmas is over and done with for this year. It was nice and all, but I'm tired of it lol

ME, too! I work in some different "dollar type" stores and they began with Xmas "stuff" before Halloween! By Thanksgiving I was done with it........

Years & years back, one holiday was over before much of the next began appearing. That's my preference.