NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm sort of changing goat plans. I have been having issues with anxiety since DD2 was in the hospital, which is exhausting (thankfully I'm not depressed or anything, just anxious). I am going to see my midwife this week about it. But, I've had a hard time staying on top of the farm. DH and I have decided to downsize a little, and keep the goats I love, and sell the ones I don't. So Mimosa and Bellini are for sale and I'm keeping Patty, Lilly and Clifford (and a wether to live with him until I get a second buck). That'll give me 2 goats to milk still and relieve some stress. I should still get plenty of milk from them!

I am still getting my GG's, they won't be bred for 2 years and I'll need the milk by then! Don't tell my mini alpines but I think I'll like their personalities better anyway!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know you've been going through some stressful times! :hugs I can't imagine the issues with trying to take care of a newborn child with a pretty serious illness, (thank goodness she's better!), kidding does, new born kids, and wanting to milk on top of all of that. It's a lot to try to juggle.

Good plan to cut down on the stress!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks FEM. The weather hasn't helped either, we got more snow last night! Ugh! Fortunately it is melting but not fast enough.

Think I found a home for Lilly's babies and Patty's doeling. They will hopefully go next weekend. Keeping Patty's wether as a buddy for Clifford, or as a meat goat depending on whether or not Bellini's boy sells. Must separate and milk now so they're ready to go! They're eating and drinking fine so no worries there.

Bunch of eggs in the incubator. Oh boy... Chickens are DH's problem though, so shouldn't be too much work for me.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That would be great to place those babies!! I need to start thinking about what I'm gonna do with my little guys and when I'm gonna do it. I love selling goats - I hate having people come to my house.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me too! That's why I'm giving them a deal on all three, it's less people coming to my house lol. I do not let anyone come here without DH being home. So far we've had all decent people but I always worry!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've usually had pretty decent people too - BUT - I sold some chickens to some folks one time and they would come back about once a month, knock on the door and ask me for more. One time I went out in the rain to find them some roosters and then they said they were too old..... ummm - don't come back!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow... Those are some weird people you found! My husband open carries at home so I think that keeps the weirdos from being weird, lol!

Current plan of attack regarding goats - 3 babies are leaving Saturday. I think I'll keep Patty's wether on her so I can wean him this summer if I want to milk her when it's warmer and the baby is a little older. Or I'll sell her then if I change my mind.

Mimosa and Bellini are actually being decent about milking, more so than the others. My machine is being lame so have only hand milked a little. Once the other babies go I'll start separating at night.

Lilly is for sale, I have someone I'm chatting with about her. I hope she can go when her kids go this weekend.

Baby is still awfully congested, I am still to some extent. It is still cold and we still have snow on the ground. Boo!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are some weird people you found! My husband open carries at home so I think that keeps the weirdos from being weird, lol!
I may have to start doing that, lol!

Yay on selling goats!! Sounds like you've got some good plans there....Wish I was as good at it as you are, lol!

Hope you and baby get better.... boo on snow and boo on cold! We've got a touch of the cold weather too - but I'm sure it's nothing like YOUR cold!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope you and baby will be better soon! Best of luck with the goat selling. I hope you can get that machine sorted soon, so you don't have to milk by hand.

Latest posts