NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesome thanks! They're so little! Lol, no issues breeding them to the big nubians?

I threw some sweet feed in with the pigs because well, because I had it in my hand. Apparently they are not allowed to have that, they got mean with each other fighting over it! Brats.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I breed Nubian and Pygmy it's little boy to big girl. Even though this year I think we had an oops and one of my little girls (nigi/kinder) was bred either to the Nubian or the big Kinder and she did ok with just a little help from me to get his head through. She probably woulda delivered him on her own, but I was there so I helped.

Silly pigs! You oughta see mine when I throw grain out. Little pigs go flying, lol. Actually - a bit of an exaggeration but there is a good scramble for every little morsel.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No I just meant... Can they reach the big girls? Lol

That's cute. Little piggies are adorable!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh duh! YES - issues, lol! I used to have a little ramp that I'd set up on a cinder block and then back the big girls up to it. A smart buck would figure it out. The first pygmy buck I used was smart - the second one not so much...argh. I'd have to hold the doe with one hand and try to direct the buck with the other one...geeze. But, somehow we managed!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Making creme brulee. I've never even had it before but I need to use up some milk and eggs, lol. And it sounds fancy, plus you get to use a torch before you serve it! I'm easily entertained...

Made peanut butter fudge yesterday, which is amazing! And tried mozzarella but it didn't work. Going to make ricotta for stuffed shells and some more chevre tonight and give some of both to my parents. And probably make yogurt. Then I'll be caught up using all this milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man....make some for me. I'd love to make fudge - just doesn't go well in a diabetic house and who am I kidding - I shouldn't eat it either! I've never even tried to make any cheese other than chevre... guess I needa broaden my horizons. I do love ricotta though. Let me know how yours turns out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I shouldn't eat it either but it's too good!

Ricotta is crazy easy. I've made it before, but it's been a couple years!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Making creme brulee. I've never even had it before but I need to use up some milk and eggs, lol. And it sounds fancy, plus you get to use a torch before you serve it! I'm easily entertained...

Made peanut butter fudge yesterday, which is amazing! And tried mozzarella but it didn't work. Going to make ricotta for stuffed shells and some more chevre tonight and give some of both to my parents. And probably make yogurt. Then I'll be caught up using all this milk!
That sounds soooo good!