NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol hmm sounds familiar does it? I think the buck came from the other farm I'm talking to. Funny.

DH will be thrilled if we have meaty kids.

We're cleaning up our meat bird processing equipment to sell. That'll cover the cost of a goat kid and DH's bees with money left over. For fencing, maybe. Gotta get on that. We just don't use it enough to bother keeping it and it's worth $2,000 or more. I can use that money, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SELL IT! Woo Hoo for extra money to cover additional purchases!

I did see where it said the buck was 'reference' and had moved to another farm. He's a really nice guy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can relate to the goat buy scenario.....why do you think I have 15 now? :D Kidding starts next month. Only 3 weeks away! :thGolly -- things to get ready and milking to begin not long after. OK, I love the milk and all but, "today" I'm not loving it. :lol:

Note to self: Get butt in gear!!!!! :old

To add insult -- I found some beautiful Boer kids on CL!! Good price, want them....:hide Not quite ready but, the deal is. They are really good meat goats and I have committed to getting a buck and maybe 3 does. Just butcher or sell kids. Freezer stock. Used to raise them and know that many have such watered down stock it's not good. These are right!! Contacting to see if more coming -- 60 days out is better for me.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quality boers, good price. No one will argue with that! They're hard to find, easy to sell, plenty of meat. Yup I'd be tempted too, except DH won't let me have a full size buck.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went and got fish for DD1's tank finally. They're cute (for fish). I had a hard time in the store though, they had a giant catfish and a bunch of other large, creepy fish. I couldn't walk down all the aisles lol. I have a serious fish phobia... these little ones are acceptable since DH does all the work with DD1.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Didn't know you were working on a fish tank. That's a cool project! I agree that some fish are totally creepy looking, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quality boers, good price. No one will argue with that! They're hard to find, easy to sell, plenty of meat. Yup I'd be tempted too, except DH won't let me have a full size buck.

I have always found them to be quite mellow temperament wise. Plus, since I have large dairy does, I can use the buck on some of them. The kid prices will be better. It's a win/win. To show, they must have their horns. Otherwise, can be disbudded. Much more meat on carcass, finer grained, also.

Come on FEM, I'm kinda sorta at your numbers. :lol:

I used to have fish tanks, enjoyed them. My DD & DGD have 3 right now. Some really lovely fish. My favorites were the little fantail guppies and angelfish. The saltwater tanks are lovely but, $$$.