NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neither DH or I have seen Patty let her buckling nurse in several days. And we can see them from the house now so we watch them a lot! Tomorrow after work I'm going to have DH hold her so I can check her udder. I want to wean him anyway, and dry her off so I can fatten her up this summer. I wish I had a friend for him but he'll have to survive living next to the ladies for now. there are no inexpensive wethers for sale that aren't from sketchy farms I wouldn't buy from! He'll get a buddy next year if Lilly has a buck.

I haven't even started seeds yet. Sigh, slacker!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aww now..... Texas ain't so bad in the summer.....we DO have air conditioning!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And he's figured out what his job is, well he's trying awful hard anyway lol! So he's getting kicked out this weekend. It's going to be loud and pathetic around here!

Yeah... Texas heat while pregnant though? That's a big nope from me!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently they're sneaky cause I saw him nurse today when we pulled in the driveway! Lol

Supposed to be warm (60's!) tomorrow. I hope they're right. We have a bunch to do. Move Lucky, butcher a roo, shuffle chickens, I'm sure there's more... there's always more!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Supposed to be near 70 today! Lovely!!

We need to get Lucky moved. It's going to be so loud around here, lol! Also have to do something about mineral feeders. Theirs are all clogging up with humidity. Such a pain finding one that works. I'd like DH to butcher the roo we aren't keeping and shuffle some chickens around but... we'll see if he gets that far. He doesn't move so fast. And he's going to get his truck today which will likely take up more than half the day. Ugh.

Weekends are too short!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My windows are open and the heat is off! Lol it's only halfway through April. Ugh.

They're saying the ticks will be awful this year because we had a warmer wetter winter than normal. Good thing I just ordered some Cylence... it looks like I can use it on everyone. Sweet. I hate Bayer but sometimes they're the only ones that have a product that works.