NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Teething, grumpy babies! Brings back memories of little faces covered with popsicle juice, lol. No worries about sugar consumption during those times! Gosh, I even remember my mother giving one of my kids a chicken drumstick bone to gnaw on when he was teething. WTH? Hope she feels better soon!

Uh-oh on milk sensitivity. Goat milk might just be the answer to that one. Milking year round sure is a commitment. That's why I like doelings (or banded boys) so they can take over the milking chores if ya need/want to leave the homestead for an overnight somewhere.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well all bucklings will be banded and raised for meat we've decided:) so that'd help. I'm not committed yet but thinking I might have to go that route eventually. DD1 will be old enough to help this year, she turns 7 this fall!

Gotta go bring my car to the shop. This is going to hurt!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Time flies! Hard to believe she's about to be 7! I'll probably band this weekend...I've got little boys and girls out in the pasture together right now - kinda pushing my luck... (what else is new?)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look it up. I have meds that work great but the whole pregnant thing... can't take 'em! I have to double check what I can take, I can't remember except my normal stuff is a no go!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry that you are suffering from allergies. You are right, can't take most meds while pregnant. I wish you the best with this pregnancy and I hope you have an easier time with it. I predict a boy!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look it up. I have meds that work great but the whole pregnant thing... can't take 'em! I have to double check what I can take, I can't remember except my normal stuff is a no go!
I keep forgetting you're pregnant! :p It's pregnancy risk category B (same category as Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec). But it is not an antihistamine. It's a mast cell stabilizer. And immune systems are complicated and beyond my understanding. I'm curious what your doctor suggests, if you ask, will you please share his/her opinion?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm excited, the estimate from the garage was $300 less than I expected! So once I tacked on an oil change and inspection fee, I'm still $200 ahead!

Latest posts