NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for a new chicken coop! Go DH!

Can't wait for Duncan to come home! He's gonna be disappointed if he doesn't get any action this year! But, sounds like you've got it all planned out. I wish my goats listened to my plans!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Over past 1.5 yrs I've watched you evolve from hating chickens, not wanting any goats or goat chores, to liking and wanting "all of it". :D Your hormones are rampant, in a good way, IMO. :hugs Life has a way of reforming all of us & family growth seems to have mellowed you.:love

Glad you found a new buckling....guess we get to see him "soon"? And you have plans for a couple year out! As a goat lover, glad you found your inner calling. I say this while watching 3 of mine munching happily on the neighbors hay field :ep OK. Need to find that escape route! :idunno

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I still hate chickens lol. That's why I'm glad DH only wants to keep like 10 of them! But I like eggs. But I've had goats for 5 years, I needed some down time is all :)

The only pic I have of him is from the breeder's website, so I'll share a pic when I have one. I don't like to post other people's pics without permission :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We all need a break now and then. Just glad to see you "back on top" of your life plans. You are doing well!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I also have seasonal depression so life is better in April! Should have my buckling mid May :)

We decided on the hoop coop for the chickens, will start work on that as soon as some mud dries.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had Easter dinner at my parents. Roast beef. Oh my gosh, my taste for meat is back (except chicken, still ew) and it was delicious! Now I want to raise a beef steer... mmm....

Latest posts