No knife for you!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...there-is-never-reason-to-carry-knife.amp.html

“No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”

What wrong with this guy? He obviously doesn't live like I live. I just used my knife to open a package I got in the mail. I use my knife multiple times everyday, it's my favorite tool. Heck I even use it to cut steak at the restaurant when my wife and I go out to eat, because restaurant steak knifes suck.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of the worst wounds I ever got was when I was bitten by another kid. Will they pull our teeth as well? This is getting ridiculous.
You said it!

It's crazy...it's all crazy! DH carries a knife in his car "justincase" he needs to cut a seatbelt.

I always had a knife in my tack box whenever I hauled critters. Never know when you need to cut a lead rope....(and yes, I know how to tie an emergency knot - but stuff happens).

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
“No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”

What wrong with this guy? He obviously doesn't live like I live.
He clearly doesn't LIVE.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
People get murdered with clubs too....going to get rid of all the sticks in England too? People will find a way to kill someone if they are of a mind to do so, so the whole mindset of removing all things one can use to kill another human being overlooks the primary cause of the killing....not the tool, the one using the tool.

I carry two different knives in my purse, one larger one in the car door, a small two bladed penknife in my coat pocket, and every step I take out on the land is taken with a box cutter style knife in my pocket. I've got one in the desk drawer right in front me as I type this(I have a mounted dispenser up at the shed with 50 ct blades to fit these knives). My 83 yr old Ma has two or three different styles of knives in her purse, some in her truck, etc.

Not a one of these are meant for self defense nor to inflict pain or death on another individual...they are tools and we use them often. We'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

City life must be a horrible life to have.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Even my mom who lives in the city carries a small knife in her purse.

Grandma always had one in her pocket ot purse.

It's just ridiculous

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
People get murdered with clubs too....going to get rid of all the sticks in England too? People will find a way to kill someone if they are of a mind to do so, so the whole mindset of removing all things one can use to kill another human being overlooks the primary cause of the killing....not the tool, the one using the tool.

I carry two different knives in my purse, one larger one in the car door, a small two bladed penknife in my coat pocket, and every step I take out on the land is taken with a box cutter style knife in my pocket. I've got one in the desk drawer right in front me as I type this(I have a mounted dispenser up at the shed with 50 ct blades to fit these knives). My 83 yr old Ma has two or three different styles of knives in her purse, some in her truck, etc.

Not a one of these are meant for self defense nor to inflict pain or death on another individual...they are tools and we use them often. We'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

City life must be a horrible life to have.

I said pretty much the same thing to my wife but it's was rocks. What are they going to outlaw rocks next?

I don't understand why people in power always want to restrict the inanimate object? When the root of the problem is what's in the person's heart to cause them to carry out evil deeds with an inanimate object. I just don't get the logic, maybe I'm just dumb.