Not so sure...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
people ARE indeed getting as much out of the banks right now as they can...alot of people are panicing and doing just that.

*******Hey MC
I just don't see this around here....no one I ran into at the store, chatted with over the last few weeks has mentioned anything like this.....not that my little local area is the WORLD of info or anything..HA HA HA

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing out of the ordinary going on here, either. Just business as usual. I overheard some gentlemen today at the post office joking about putting their money in a jelly jar instead of the stock market, but no one seems to be panicked or frantic.

Cassandra

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
be prepared by all means but i think everyone needs to slow down take a deep breath and calm down just a little. we are in difficult times without a doubt and i think worse times are looming on the horizon but if we all start pulling our cash out of banks we are cutting out own throats. I say a big thanks uncle sam and wall street.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think Morel has a point. Its so much easier to deal with the fallout than keep waiting for the axe to fall. Maybe folks are getting antsy at the "calm before the storm" feeling of the economy right now...that eerie feeling that all h-e-double hocky sticks is going to break loose at any time.

I'm not as affected by these things as most, as I have no money in the bank to begin with...having nothing to lose has its advantages, I guess! :D

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
There was a story here in California that when a bank failed, a man took out his $200,000 as soon as it reopened- and he was robbbed of it on the way home. There are lots of people out there to take advantage of pancking like that too.

I still think that some prudent stocking up and a little carryover cash is a reasonble thing.

Personally I have seen a number of "rough" times over the years and none have proven even close to insurmountable to sensible people. There is some shaking out in the genetic tree but that happens in good times too. It's just not picked up so much. When people are worried, the rumors flys.

One of the things I found so funny was the story on another site about a prepper who was thrilled to find lots of survival stashes at an estate sale of another prepper. Huge amounts of things never used. I don't think anyone else that posted on that thread ever saw the irony in it.

I can't imagine letting the worse case scenerio worries keeping me from enjoying a reasonable life. Shudder- dying of natural causes fully prepared to survive then end of the world.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shudder- dying of natural causes fully prepared to survive then end of the world.

:lol:

johnElarue

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think it's best to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Meaning stockpile some food and cash, but don't go overboard. The food can always be eaten and the cash, well you know....used in the outhouse, or firestarter... just kidding. Maybe some barter items batteries, tobacco, booze, silver coins etc...