Nourishing Traditions and other Recipes for a Better Health

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
It's more like a healthy kitchen bible :D

Shows the traditional ways to prepare foods that boost nutrition and reduces things like phytic acids that actually rob your body of nutrition. Since most commercial foods do not properly prepare beans and grains, eating them slowly makes you ill.
I recently heard that microwaving food destroys the nutrients. Is that true?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
@Tankshill, Javamama - I appreciate the support, but I'm not sure how much I want to report on in a public forum. I'm definitely a "set a defined goal and march towards it" kind of guy, I'm not sure how much detailed reporting I am comfortable with from a personal info standpoint. Suffice it to say, next year's health plan at work will have discounts on the employee pay portion based on certain sets of personal health measurements being exceeded in a positive fashion. Without being too political, this is the type of approach I would actually support as part of public health care insurance reforms.

@Wifezilla - thanks, I may start a long PM chain with you. :D Maybe it would be easier if and came out and visited again? :p

@Freemotion - yep, you're on my PM speed dial, too.

@BubblingBrooks - it would be easier to fly you in to give a lecture to the family, I think. :hide

@colowyo0809 - I'm always amazed at the great info provided by folks here.

You're all great!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hu I don't think me or Tanks were asking for personal health info - just interested in what you think about the book ;)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Javamama said:
:hu I don't think me or Tanks were asking for personal health info - just interested in what you think about the book ;)
gotcha! :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
FJ, pictures speak a thousand words.

37989_pre_tooth_decay.jpg

37989_food_isolated_gaelics_dental.jpg

37989_fig4_dentaldecay.jpg

37989_aborigines_full_dental.jpg

Guess which ones were born and bred on real food? :D

Sally Fallon has a 5 hour seminar that you can buy, that is super.
Full of good science and pictures.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, now I want to look at the darn book and I go to the library's website to put it on hold and they have 4 copies in our library system and all 4 are checked out and I'm the 4th one in line for hold. By the time I get it, I'm going to forget why I put it on hold. No, I'll blame it on here! ;)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@Bubblingbrooks - have you ever noticed (and I'm sure you have!) that the Africans that still live in the bush have the most beautiful teeth?

ETA: Minus toothpaste too!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Okay, first, I've renamed the thread.

First set of questions - stopped in a local dry-goods store and saw Winona Flour and Sapphire Flour. For the first, there was a ingredients list that included Barley. The second, just said "wheat". What special purpose do these flour fulfill?

(now that I think about it, I didn't see any arrowroot, and that was something else I was looking for.

Latest posts