Nuggetsowner:) Journal Entries

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail- I do love my labs!! They are real sweethearts my girls. Very protective, won't let a stranger around my boys for nothing! They are funny though, the black lab is the youngest. She is going to be 4 on Jan. 1. She is afraid of our free ranging chickens. If they are in the back yard when we feed the dogs they will come and eat out of Bella's dish because they know she will back away and let them do it where the other two labs will put them in their place!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
My Chocolate Lab is a horrible watch dog, scared of his shadow, scared of the rabbits and the chickens.
He wandered up at about 8 months old, that was 6 years ago. He is scared of guns, thunder, people, water and probably fuzz balls. I don't know who had him or what they did to him but he now leads the good life. But he totally expects us to keep the boogers away.

There is that spelling edit again. Will I ever learn?

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had a big day! We have been waiting to hear if my youngest son's surgery would be covered by our insurance company. We have private insurance since my DH is self-employed and I only work part-time (32hrs/wk) at the school. Let me back up here and start from the beginning...

My youngest has ADHD as well as some anxiety issues and is deathly afraid of the dentist. He has a gag reflex that is so sensitive that he often gags just when brushing his teeth. He is 8 years old and I "help" him brush his back teeth. As you can imagine he does not do well with dental treatments. We have tried everything!! So last time he went in they suggested we try sedation dentistry. We did a slight sedation at our cost and found out he needs two crowns and a root canal. Plus he has eight very small cavaties that they want to fix right away before he needs any more major work. The sedation they put him under was just gas so they could not do the work then, he needed anestesthia -sp. So anyway we had to put in a case to our insurance company for oral surgery. WE have been waiting weeks to hear back. Finally got the call today and all has been approved. We will have to pay a portion and will probably have to sell most of our worldly possesions to pay for it but oh well. It is scheduled for the beginning of Dec. unless he begins to have pain. Anyone else had to deal with anything like this? We have never had root canals or crowns or anything so I don't know what to expect. I am worried he will be in alot of pain continue to feel high anxiety about the whole dental experience. Please let me know if you have any prior knowledge. Thanks!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have had it all, a crown, bridge, cavities filled and never hurt me. These things are a pain but not painful after. Kinda tender and such but he should be fine!

So glad the insurance covered it...that is fab! Rare they helped huh? When I started reading I thought, ut oh, she is going to say it isn't covered? Very fortunate indeed!

Whatever you do, paint the dentist as a good thing, easy, not painful etc. And really these procedures after are not really painful...just a pain waiting for the novacaine etc. to wear off! I know he will do well! Smile for him...that is 1/2 the battle! :)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks Farmerchick - we always talk wonderfully about the dentist! She is an old friend of mine from high school. She really has been wonderful and patient with him. It is just his issues that she is fighting an uphill battle. Poor little guy. He really does try for her though. Last time he went in before we did the gas sedation thing he was able to let her get an x-ray. His first dental x-ray ever. We were so proud we took him to McDonald's after. His choice, a "special" treat for his accomplishment!!

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a great day! It was 74 degrees, which is so unusual for November in Minnesota. We did not have school today, end of quarter, so the boys and I took full advantage of the great weather! We were able to get so much done. I started the morning by paying bills. I hate that job, but it has to get done. Then we went to work outside. We accomplished alot!! We started by cleaning up the yard. It is funny how much stuff ends up where it is not supposed to be over the summer! The boys had built a fort and we were able to get that mess picked up as well as the rest of the yard. I cleaned and organized the garage the best I could with out DH there to help. I also helped my girlfriend clean and winterize her flower garden. I had a chance to winterize both chicken coops. I cleaned the house, and even made a pork roast, mashed potatoes, a romain lettuce salad, and a yummy pumkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. I feel so successful tonight! I just had to write this down because it seems I usually procratinate and put things off. Now I have proof that I really can accomplish things when I am in the right mood!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow that dinner made my mouth water. Yummy!

yup, good mood, good weather, high spirits, sure gets alot accomplished.

glad you did so well! :)

now tell me how to get my butt in gear like yours. HA HA

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
And I thought 74 degrees here in TN was unusual for this time of year. You must be loving that in Minn.

Latest posts