October Crazy-Hip Replacement

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No doubt you'll whip her into shape, lol.

I think both of our puppies are close enough in age that they are going through their terrible teenage time. They'll get through it....but they might make us pull our hair out in the interim, lol. Cowboy doesn't let Belle get away with much, but he's busy watching the goats more than he watches her - so she does pull a few fast ones, lol!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning we have to be at the hospital office at 7:30 AM for pre registration, lunch, then a joint replacement class.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today we leave at 2PM to meet DD halfway, to pick up our granddaughters. That’s a 3 hour trip, maybe longer, we have to go through Dallas and Fort Worth. I’m going out at daylight to feed animals, then again before we leave. Mainly concerned about the Cornish Cross chickens, they EAT! I sure don’t want to come in late, tired and have to go fumbling in the dark to feed. We’ll be home around 9-ish tonight.

Monday we do it again to take them back. So worth it to have our girls for several days.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday Dr office called, BJ has a urine infection and the blood they drew for testing clotted up and they couldn’t use it. So we had to go to the clinic for another blood draw, pick up prescription and come back home. Enjoying the girls!
Oh gee whiz! Always something. Hope he gets that urinary issue cleared up quick - that can sure put a drain on the whole system.

Have fun making those pies!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure you ha fun with the girls -- lovely "pies" and wrapping. Those things are only memories for menow, everyone is all grown up. The pie crust cinnamon twirls are still favorites with my DD...if I make them! LOL

Sounds like all is ready for BJs surgery. Praying for fantatic results and fast, fast recovery. :hugs:hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting in the surgery waiting room wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. Obviously I’m not socially distant enough, somebody’s perfume is wafting through the place and I can taste it in my mouth. Blech.
Before Covid I could at least strike up a conversation with someone to pass the time. This is boring.
Just got a text, the procedure has started.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are home. They finally let him go a little after 2 PM. We had to go to the pharmacy, then we went to vote. I went in ad told them that my husband just got out of the hospital with a hip replacement, wanted to vote, but couldn't stand in line. So a nice lady brought the voting machine to the car and we both voted. We got home, got BJ inside and I went out to do chores. Came in, cooked supper-REAL food!

Our granddaughters Face-time called us to see their Papaw. The 4 year old told our DD, "I want to see Papaw's hip, I hope it's bloody." :lol: He had to to show them the big long bandaid, but no blood. :D :D

When we pulled up to our gate, Trip, Carson and PARIS ran to greet us. Paris tried to climb in BJ's lap when he opened the car door, she was glad to see him. She had dug a hole under the fence and came out of the side pasture. She had started on a hole under the gate to the horses, going somewhere only she knows. I was VERY glad that Sentry and Sheba were inside Pasture #1 and not out in the yard. Paris would have gone after Sheba and it would not have been good. Dog drama. :th