October Crazy-Hip Replacement

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have spent waaaay too much time sitting in surgery waiting rooms. Something happens in those places....there must be a time warp there because a second becomes a minute and a minute becomes an hour and nothing moves quickly at all. Nobody to talk to and who wants to touch any of the magazines these days - ugh - germ factories! Maybe a nap? That doesn't work for me because I can't sleep in public...afraid I'll drool or something, lol. Despite all of that - I hope it goes quickly!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today the home health nurse came, then later the therapist came. both were impressed with BJ's overall good health and the good shape he is in. He has exercises to do that will help him to recover better and faster. He has a walker to use, mainly for balance so he doesn't fall. It will take awhile, but he will be back to his regular self, better than ever.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
BJ has been going nuts. Today I had a task that he could help with. There was a rotten post at the Sheep barn that 2 gates latched on to close them. So he removed the staples that fastened the cow panel to it. Without the cow panel to hold it up, the post fell over. I got post hole diggers and dug a hole, dropped the new post in. We put dirt in the hole and a little water. BJ tamped it in.

B204447C-DA83-4E19-A2B8-B0EC1D004C74.jpeg

We attached the chains for each gate, closed the gates and latched the gates.

Then he helped me with the creep feeder I was building.

50ACA73E-4404-4F35-B70B-2516EF005D9E.jpeg

I cut a hole in the front wide enough for the lambs. I caught both of them and pushed them through the hole. They tried to find a way out found the Feed and chowed down.

653F2744-42F7-4A7A-BD18-A7613A25CAEE.jpeg

The ewes smelled the Feed and tried to get in too. Silly girls!

FDC42BAA-C333-4AA7-8569-09DCA02D0327.jpeg

BJ was so happy to be back outside working and being useful. We had a good day. BJ is back.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There must be something in the air - Belle got a chicken a week or so ago and she got the "whoop-a$$" treatment too. I saw her lunge after one a couple days later and after I reminded her of what happened to her the last time she went chicken hunting and she changed her mind, lol.

Prayers for BJ's upcoming surgery. I know you both will be glad to get it behind him!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today was nice. My greatest achievement was calling the sheep to the garden. We are taking it easy today and tomorrow before the next wave of crazy.

LOL I did give Sentry and Sheba a chicken lesson. I clipped a leash on each one, took to the scene of the crime, pushed them in the coop and repeated the process until they were screaming. I guess tomorrow I'll tell them both that I still love them. Sentry is very cowed down. That's good, he needs to know that I am angry. I thought about my punishment methods and figured I was ok. In the dog world, the Alpha Bitch would rip him a new one, biting him. I don't particularly want dog hair in my mouth.

I swear Sheba had a lobotomy or something. I scold and she just gives me a goofy look. She just doesn't get it until I come unwound, even catching her in the act.
Stubborn-----yup
Brilliant-------yup
Sweet--------yup
goofy--------yup
top dog-----nope--that would be me

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was told that Sheba would be a special challenge LOL. She is strong minded, independent and so darned awesome! I have the patience of Job, most of the time I am kind and gentle, but when needed I make sure a bad transgression meets a punishment to remember. I'll keep plugging away, she is a puppy and needs repeat, repeat, repeat......until that lightbulb comes on and all of a sudden, everything I've been teaching her makes sense. She is a delight and a joy in our lives.

Sheba better get with the program! So far - Belle's one ripping has worked....but since I have no idea how many chicken I really have - she could be gettin' em and disposing of 'em and I'd never know, lol.
Haha, sometimes we just have to be a mean ol' witch to our puppies. Ever correct a puppy, then have to go to another room to laugh?