October Crazy-Hip Replacement

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I stripped the bed, washed the mattress covers and bedspread, vacuumed everything, dusted, cleaned, put up all his shoes that he likes to leave in a row along the wall, cleaned the bathroom, shower, scrubbed everything. He will be on a walker, so I have to make sure he has a clear walkway. He has a new Lazy Boy recliner with a handle to operate the footrest because his old recliner had a footrest he had to kick to close. Nothing to eat or drink since midnight. He showered in special soap last night. We are as ready as we can be.

We have to be there at 8:15 this morning, surgery at 10:30. He will spend the night at the hospital and come home tomorrow. Home Health Care will be here Friday, then twice a week for 3 weeks, then outpatient therapy.

I’ll grab a flashlight in a little while and go feed. Then change clothes, grab overnight bag and we’ll go.

Here we go again!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure you ha fun with the girls -- lovely "pies" and wrapping. Those things are only memories for menow, everyone is all grown up. The pie crust cinnamon twirls are still favorites with my DD...if I make them! LOL

Sounds like all is ready for BJs surgery. Praying for fantatic results and fast, fast recovery. :hugs:hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting in the surgery waiting room wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. Obviously I’m not socially distant enough, somebody’s perfume is wafting through the place and I can taste it in my mouth. Blech.
Before Covid I could at least strike up a conversation with someone to pass the time. This is boring.
Just got a text, the procedure has started.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have spent waaaay too much time sitting in surgery waiting rooms. Something happens in those places....there must be a time warp there because a second becomes a minute and a minute becomes an hour and nothing moves quickly at all. Nobody to talk to and who wants to touch any of the magazines these days - ugh - germ factories! Maybe a nap? That doesn't work for me because I can't sleep in public...afraid I'll drool or something, lol. Despite all of that - I hope it goes quickly!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i agree with you on the perfume, some people just pour it on - i'd rather smell BO.

as for time going by slowly, i always keep a book handy in such spots, my own book or a library book. if i'm bringing a book i might as well bring my own snack in the bag too, included in the bag is a piece of paper in case it gets forgotten or lost or someone wanders off with it thinking it is theirs - i at least hope they'll get the book back to the library and enjoy the snack.