October Crazy-Hip Replacement

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are home. They finally let him go a little after 2 PM. We had to go to the pharmacy, then we went to vote. I went in ad told them that my husband just got out of the hospital with a hip replacement, wanted to vote, but couldn't stand in line. So a nice lady brought the voting machine to the car and we both voted. We got home, got BJ inside and I went out to do chores. Came in, cooked supper-REAL food!

Our granddaughters Face-time called us to see their Papaw. The 4 year old told our DD, "I want to see Papaw's hip, I hope it's bloody." :lol: He had to to show them the big long bandaid, but no blood. :D :D

When we pulled up to our gate, Trip, Carson and PARIS ran to greet us. Paris tried to climb in BJ's lap when he opened the car door, she was glad to see him. She had dug a hole under the fence and came out of the side pasture. She had started on a hole under the gate to the horses, going somewhere only she knows. I was VERY glad that Sentry and Sheba were inside Pasture #1 and not out in the yard. Paris would have gone after Sheba and it would not have been good. Dog drama. :th

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today the home health nurse came, then later the therapist came. both were impressed with BJ's overall good health and the good shape he is in. He has exercises to do that will help him to recover better and faster. He has a walker to use, mainly for balance so he doesn't fall. It will take awhile, but he will be back to his regular self, better than ever.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
BJ went to the appointment with the surgeon today. Everything is good, we go back in 6 weeks. He is not using the cane anymore. We had several things to do, when we got home, he was a little tired, but he is doing great.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have made the decision to have my knee surgery next fall. That gives me the spring and summer to raise feeder pigs, Cornish Cross Dirty Birdies, the garden and wind them down, sell, can, pack in the freezer and get it all down to a more manageable level for BJ to cut my slack while I recover. I'm ready to deal with this danged knee and get on with life. Thanks to Carson and Trip in January, they slammed into the back of my knee at warp speed with 225 pounds of brute force, and I did an immediate face plant in the dirt howling with pain. They were delighted, thinking I wanted to play, they jumped and drooled all over me until I could use Trip to push up on and crawl to the gate. I couldn't walk for about a week, but they knocked the knee joint forward and somehow, that relieved the pain I've been living with. Weird, huh? Anyway, I'll be using the upcoming year to do what I do, and prepare for being down for awhile. Then I'll be up and going again. There will be no stopping me.