Office Visit Fee

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our only local vet charges $60 for an office visit even if he doesn't have a clue what is wrong with the dog. Last time we went there we didn't even see HIM we saw his assistant who didn't have a clue what was wrong with the dog. Then wants you to buy special diet stuff and such. He has two different clinics to prove it. Otherwise I have to drive nearly 30 miles to find a cheaper vet.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Karen you gotta focus on the up side. You picked dog that weighs what 4 pounds.

All meds / heart worm/ frontline are done by weight. My dog weighs about 100lbs. do the math. Your coming out ahead.

Did you go to the vet at 1am? What the heck was wrong? I hope your little guy is ok.

g
LOL Gina
I hear ya --you are wise !!

very true he was 4.4 lbs. Should top at 9-10 LOL I am getting off way cheap if things are priced by the pound haha

not my dog
2dream's dog was sick at 1 am

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is bad rebecca when ya get caught with one choice like that....they got a monopoly. $60 office visit-- :ep that is rough

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My vet charges $39 for an office visit...I thought that was steep, until I checked another vet, they also charge $39...You'd think they'd give me a volume discount, since I have multiple pets & have spent thousands there over the years. :lol:

On the other hand, one time they kept the office open late for me, & another time did a home euthanasia on a Saturday, including the vet crawling under the deck to reach my dog where she had collapsed. She (the vet) was awesome, hugged me while I bawled on her shoulder.

FC, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was illegal in NC for anyone to give rabies shots excepts vets...?? :/

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love my vet as well! I don't care what they charge - I could get a cheaper farm call from another horse vet, but I don't want to deal with their drama and unpredictability. Dr W drops what he is doing and goes to emergency calls - he has done it "to" me as well as "For" me.
My small animal vet doesn't charge for rechecks, or if you are only seen by a tech. I go so much and spend so much $ they give me discounts quite often. I have referred at least a dozen folks to them.
They cried when I had to put my 12 yr old australian cattle dog to sleep.... they have loved on Rio so much that he tries to jump the counter to get in to see them.

Yeah, I love my vet too!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2bz

yea I would take my dogs to the local rabies clinic at the high school
I can not give rabies shots....I got all other shots from the vet when needed. Some I would just buy over the counter at the feed store but if I needed antibiotic shots he would just leave them at the front desk for pickup.

the rabies clinics were $5 per shot. good deals