Official Poll: What's your favorite/most useful natural remedy?

What's your favorite/most useful natural remedy?

• arnica drops and spray for achy spots/bruises

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • chamomile for anxiety

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Honey, onion and garlic syrup for cough

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Aloe Vera gel for insect bites

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • cinnamon used to gently reduce congestion and phlegm in the lungs, and dry up runny noses

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Cloves to calm bloating and flatulence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ginger for ausea and digestive complaints

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Others (please specify)

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@baymule so do you think sloe gin and crasians would work? only kind of gin i have and don't have any raisins either. looks like another trip to town for me. i do think i'll try it, I'm so tired of being stiff and hurting.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never tried sloe gin. Definitely get the raisins though. It might take a few days or a few weeks. DH couldn't close his hands into a fist, after just three days, he could flex his fingers and make a fist, pain free.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just had to use a home remedy. ACV and honey. Our DD got a stomach virus and was down almost a week, then our DSIL and he was down the same. Neither one will take my "witches brew" and so they suffered. Our grand daughter got a light case of it and i picked her up so mom and dad could go to work. Then i got it. I was up all night, running at both ends. Twice i drank ACV and honey, mixed with water, and I barfed it up both times. Blech. But enough of it stayed in my system to halt the nausea and diarrhea. I was weak all day and finally ate a little bit at the end of the day. This morning i am hale and hearty and ready for the day. Better than laying around feeling like crap for a week!

okra

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Honey and lemon for colds and flu

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have tried the "ACV for good health" thing where you take a shot of it every day. I barfed it up most of the time when I was feeling good, can't imagine taking it when I was feeling poorly. :eek: glad to hear that it helped you.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have tried the "ACV for good health" thing where you take a shot of it every day. I barfed it up most of the time when I was feeling good, can't imagine taking it when I was feeling poorly. :eek: glad to hear that it helped you.

I mix ACV half and half with honey, sometimes more honey than ACV. Then I dilute it with water and sip it. It's not so bad mixed with the honey.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've done that as well. That reminds me, I need to get honey today.

Latest posts