Official Poll: What's your favorite/most useful natural remedy?

What's your favorite/most useful natural remedy?

• arnica drops and spray for achy spots/bruises

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • chamomile for anxiety

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Honey, onion and garlic syrup for cough

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Aloe Vera gel for insect bites

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • cinnamon used to gently reduce congestion and phlegm in the lungs, and dry up runny noses

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Cloves to calm bloating and flatulence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ginger for ausea and digestive complaints

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Others (please specify)

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've used salt water for mouth sores for years.

seedtrader-ss

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Comfrey for bone injuries, arnica for pain, Aloe for burns and scrapes.various homeopathic meds as needed.

This is not the same as grow & make your own, but it's what I do now, until I learn more about medicinal plants.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dehydration - 5-6 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, dissolved in a glass of water. Sip it until gone. It forms an electrolyte solution and it really works.

Food poisoning - ACV and honey mixed half and half. 1/4 cup to 1 cup of water, sip on it. Even if you puke it up, keep drinking it. Enough will get in your system to kill the bad germs. ACV and honey is good for colds, flu, vomiting and diarrhea.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Burns-honey. Honey is very healing.

Bleeding cuts-spider web. If you get a cut and can't stop the bleeding, get a cobweb and lay in the cut. Bleeding will stop. Yes, you still have to keep cobwebs brushed down as they are extremely flammable, but leave a few. You never know when you might need them.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bone spurs - calcium fluoride. It is one of 12 cell salts your body needs. I had a very painful heel spur, limped badly and could hardly put my foot down. I took Hylands calcium flouride, plus a cell salt consisting of all 12 combined. It took several months, but it disappeared and no more pain. Well worth it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bleeding diseased gums-swish with hydrogen peroxide several times a day. Spit it out.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Arthritus pain-gin and raisins. Fill a jar half full of raisins, cover with gin. Let set for several days, then take a teaspoon of raisins every day. They taste NASTY! But they reduce inflammation and pain. It might take 3 days or 3 weeks for results, but it almost always brings relief.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Arthritus pain-gin and raisins. Fill a jar half full of raisins, cover with gin. Let set for several days, then take a teaspoon of raisins every day. They taste NASTY! But they reduce inflammation and pain. It might take 3 days or 3 weeks for results, but it almost always brings relief.

A woman at my church tried this. I don't know that it really helped her though.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thanks @baymule I've been looking for a reason to not climb up and clean the ceiling and light fixtures. won't have to do it till I'm bleeding;) seriously i have read that it works. and my mom tried the raisins for her arthritis and she said it worked. i often wondered if the gin just made her not care. i sure miss that old woman