Official SS Poll: What Are Your Plans For 2021?

What Are Your Plans For 2021?

• Start a compost pile

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Start canning

• Save more money

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Grow my herd size

• Plant more fruit & vegetable trees & plants

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Cut my power utility costs

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Only eat food you’ve hunted/fished/bred/grown yourself

• Invest in/start saving for alternate/green power solutions

• Live more frugally

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Other (elaborate in the comments section)

• Total voters

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's hard to believe another year is passing. As the popular old saying goes, “There’s always next year.” Homestead management, DIY, feed, infrastructure? Identifying areas in need of improvement is always a must in most areas of life. And the same goes when it comes to your homestead. As 2020 bids us goodbye, what are your plans for 2021 when it comes to your self-sufficiency?

3.jpg

Here's another exciting 2021 Resolutions Poll.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I picked "start canning" but thats not quite right. I am capable of canning and have the gear for it. My plan for 2021 is to get an electric pressure canner and use it often! They're not in stock yet, but hopefully soon!

I will give gardening another try! If I can stay healthy it will be successful!

DH wants to retire sooner than planned so we need to determine what a retirement budget would look like and try it on for size. So I picked the options for cutting utility costs and living more frugally.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As every year - hope to have a more successful garden which leads to more canning and food preservation. Like @tortoise I'd love to have an electric canner even though I have a pressure and water bath canners. If I canned more I'd have more freezer room too. As far as livestock, I'd like to increase capacity for quail and use them for not only eggs, and people food - but for dog food as well.