Ohio Roll Call

SerenityPrayer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Welcome SerenityPrayer!! :welcome
It is always good to see another Buckeye join the group! Sounds to me like you already HAVE a pretty good start on becoming SS!! :clap
Thank you! I just finished making my second batch of laundry soap ( I was lurking for a while) and now I'm scratching my head, wondering what to try next. I would really like to grow food for at least some of our livestock, but I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions?

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Southern end of Portage County here.
4 dogs, 4 cats, 1 rabbit, 22 hens and 9 Roosters-Some of which are destined for the crock pot.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
SerenityPrayer said:
SKR8PN said:
Welcome SerenityPrayer!! :welcome
It is always good to see another Buckeye join the group! Sounds to me like you already HAVE a pretty good start on becoming SS!! :clap
Thank you! I just finished making my second batch of laundry soap ( I was lurking for a while) and now I'm scratching my head, wondering what to try next. I would really like to grow food for at least some of our livestock, but I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions?
"We just bought a great house on a little over 3 acres. We have acquired 10 chickens, 22 ducks, 2 nigerian dwarf goats, 2 Finn Sheep, 2 pot bellies, a breeding trio of meat rabbits, and 3 angora rabbits. "

Well....the chickens and the ducks can free range. That takes care of a portion of their needs. I have a couple of farmer neighbors who donate corn and wheat for my chickens, so I got lucky there. Goats will eat just about ANYTHING, :gig so your pretty safe there!
I am not to familiar with raising sheep or rabbits, so I hope someone else will chime in on those! :hide

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ohioann said:
New member, live in southwest Columbiana County work in Carroll County.
You're close to me and Becca!!! whoot!!!

I live in Harrison County, and will be shopping in Carroll Co. today (more specifically, TSC in Carrollton!)

:welcome

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Central Ohio here, i personaly live in the city but my mother in law is lucky enough to live on 4 acres so we are lucky that she loves us enough to keep a small veggie garden at her house. She also has a huge black berry patch and four really good sized apple trees, so we get some berries and apples for jam.

We also have a large Ger. shep., a cat , a 7 yr. old and a 1 1/2 yr. old. and another on the way. :D

MyGreenGravity

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Wouldn't an Ohio gathering of SS members be fun? Anyone have time to organize one? :D

(Edited my typo)
I'm new here, and from NE Ohio, Trumbull County (right near the Sharon, PA border)

I think that's a GREAT idea!! I hope there's plenty of us that are in counties close enough for in person get-togethers...

Michelle