Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:lol: ya'll are too funny....he sure is a cutie, OFG....we are already discussing getting another black lab when Tonka passes, hopefully 10 years from now....he's 11 and just a big ol sweetie pie.

I wish Frawg was good for something but right now she's so dang stubborn that her nose takes over for her brain....something like

me-"Fraaaaawg, come here girl"
frawg-"but I smell something.....sniff sniff sniff"
me-"Come here, Frawg"
frawg-"but it smells so gooooooood....oh, look, something else to smell"
me-"Frawg!!!"
frawg-"la la la la, I can't hear you.....man that smells good, I wonder where it goes..."

usually I end up having to walk over to her and snap her out of the trance....gotta love a bassett hound...what was I thinkin'? :rolleyes: I still love her, though.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, she is top notch cause when her nose is to the ground and her tail looks like a metronome there is no controlling her.....hubby wants a shock collar to at least keep her in the yard....something tells me that she'd just ignore it :lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
And just when does a basset hound NOT have its nose to the ground? Look how they are built.

Frawg, tell yer mamma you were born that way! Some long lead training MIGHT help. But then again it might not. :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love to watch her in the field in tall grass with that white tip on her tail clicking back and forth and her nose to the ground....she's so purty! Even if she does frustrate the H-E-double hockey sticks outta me! :love

I keep telling hubby that we just need to take her hunting....

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You'd lose her - they just don't know when to stop. I loved it when we first got our beagle. The neighbors had a field of tall grass. Hubby and Speagle would go out and walk in that field and all I could see was the white tip of her tail. Looked like a butterfly flitting along with hubby. We live right on a busy highway and I have never been able to turn out the dog and just let her go. Until now - she's too old to go far and never ventures to the front of the house.

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She's where OMG I LOVE OFG I miss her and I don't have her as a friend on facebook ;( I would send her a request but don't know what she goes by there