oil pulling?

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been reading about this and it looks interesting. http://www.oilpulling.com/
Has anyone tried it on their own? I'm not sure I could swish oil around in my mouth for an extended time but was curious if anyone saw benefits from it?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i had a crazy toothache from a tooth that had broken and it was broken for about a year then it started hurting.

i read about pulling so i bought sesame seed oil and figured what the heck.

my toothache was so bad i pulled like 3x a day for atleast 10 min.

after 3 days NO PAIN and that was 6 months ago and have had VERY LITTLE PAIN since.

it says do it for like 15 min at a time and i couldnt do it.

but you can feel the pain and infection coming out after a few minutes.

its awesome

make sure to brush your teeth afterwards and only spit in the toilet.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I tried it with coconut oil. couldn't do it for any great length of time. I did have sensitivity on my lower gums. and it diminished a bit. Then I started making my own toothpaste of baking soda, coconut oil stevia and wintergreen essential oil. I much prefer that. sensitivity is gone. (recipie is on this forum somewhere, but not on this computer, or aI'd post it) My whole family uses this tooth paste now. I don't know if it has the same effect as oil pulling, but our teeth are great, and my sensitivity is gone.

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oil pulling is a great addition to your daily teeth regimen. I saw a lot of positive changes while I was doing it, and absolutely loved that, just-went-to-the-dentist clean feeling it gave my teeth. I always used coconut oil because any other oil tastes too much for me, and coconut oil has so many pluses, such as antibacterial etc.

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
tried it this morning and it is unusual. I generated a lot of saliva and had to partially spit some out (I was running out of room) So we will see in a few days. The oil taste didn't bother me and then I rinsed with mouthwash before brushing.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I do think oil pulling can help with oral health. I DON'T believe any of the "pulling toxins out of the body" thing.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Tried it before dinner, just for the heck of it really...used olive oil but I am going to try grapeseed oil because of it's many antioxidant properties. I only swished for 10 minutes though because hubby started calling me to make dinner.
Anyway...I did notice after ward that my sinuses are draining down the back of my throat! I do have minor sinus issues from smoking. I am going to continue this for the next few days at least and see what comes of it. After all, it is cheap and harmless:)

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Day 3 and I'm used to the oil now. Don't notice many changes although my teeth feel slicker. One crown cleaned up nice but the enamel on the regular teeth has a long way to go. No other indicators yet though. We'll see. I'm turning into a salad. Oil pulling, ACV cocktail and hair rinse. Guess I need to eat some oregano also!

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I do think oil pulling can help with oral health. I DON'T believe any of the "pulling toxins out of the body" thing.
My theory is that it helps reduce the bacteria population in your mouth, which in turn helps your body have more "energy" to fight infections elsewhere. I do know that every time I start oil pulling, I start detoxing.

Latest posts