Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we got a couple of little itty bitty pink pigs who apparently had never seen the light of day. They got sunburned the first few days....so I put sunscreen on them! :lol: They screamed bloody murder!

Then they got loose, and we caught them and carried them home....again, you'd think someone was tearing them limb from limb...it was deafening! Little drama queens!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
SKR8PN, can you see how she abuses him???? We have to arrange some kind of intervention here..... :p

BBH, I wish you had taken pics....would have been a great learning post for all of us....er......future pig rescuers.... :D

You all are gonna get mad at me when I tell you this, but my sister has repeatedly offered to give me a Large Black weanling, free of charge if I want it.

I just don't have plans for large pigs here and we don't eat the meat, so I just can't see getting one. If it would stay little, I might consider it. I've been eyeballing an ad for a Potbellied Pig in the paper, though.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
SKR8PN, Bee, I'm sleeping with one eye open!! ;) Pig rescuers?? Yeah, right!!! :lol:

Justus:
Jerry thinks he is part durok and part ??? maybe "large white". He also said his coloring is unique. :) Said he was "a nice little pig." :)

Bee, what are you going to do with a potbellied pig?

Funny story free! :p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well Bee..........:tongue Man oh man....Giant Blacks! Those are my dream pigs to raise! We have talked about that before...jeesh. You get them offered to you, and BBH gets them thrown in her yard! NO FAIR!! :rant I want free pigs! LOL
Guess I will just have to be like everyone else...and BUY my piggies. :th I keep looking outside...to see if mother earth is still giving away free piggies...all I see is MUD! Darnit!
eta: Free, our last pigs were from a factory farm, and had never seen sunlight either. They got sooo burned. I sprayed them really well with wound kote. Ever see a purple pig!??

99_purplefemalepig09.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WOWZA! :ep Now I want a purple pig! Maybe he was grape flavored? :lol: Really, though, that is one pretty pig.

BBH, I was thinking about letting him in the sheep pen to turn up all the winter bedding and rooting up that pen to prep it for when I plant corn, pumpkins, watermelons in it this spring.

Then letting him graze along with the sheeples, eat my left over garden produce, let him and the sheeples clean up the garden mess at the end of the year and then.....well....I don't know....maybe regift him?

Sorry, Just...I'd get one from her and give it to you but then she would ask me what I did with her "gift"...... :rolleyes: How bout I use it like I described above and then let you have it in the fall? Tell her I sold it or something... :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
WOWZA! :ep Now I want a purple pig! Maybe he was grape flavored? :lol: Really, though, that is one pretty pig.

Sorry, Just...I'd get one from her and give it to you but then she would ask me what I did with her "gift"...... :rolleyes: How bout I use it like I described above and then let you have it in the fall? Tell her I sold it or something... :D
there ya go! Now thats usein your noggin!;)
I was wondering how well they would do with the sheep, in the wood....but then I remembered we have LOTS of elderberries in them there woods, and well...they are toxic to piggies. Now im wondering...are the elderberries toxic to the sheepies??

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They also said tomato plants were toxic to sheep and I had a moment of second thoughts as my sheep gobbled down 104 tomato plants..... I'd ask some old timers if elderberries are toxic to pigs. I don't think I've ever heard of anything toxic to pigs... :p Even snake venom doesn't faze them!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm picking up my piggies the first week of February.

We first were getting 2 for us, then my mom wanted one, so that bumped it to 3...but now we're bringing home 4 and raising up one for BeccaOh. :)

And Bee, take that Large Black weanling...and send it my way! :lol:

Can pigs eat bananas?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Our pigs ate everything! We threw snakes and groundhogs into the pen and they acted like they were candy. Chickens were snacks too if they couldn't move fast!

If I could only sneak you all a few of those piglets.....

We still haven't told her that I killed Two Bites...she was freaking out when I told her that I intended to. Mom is scared to tell her....I don't know why. My cow, my farm, my choice. Wonder what Mom expects to tell her when she comes to visit and sees Two Bite's hide on the back of the couch? :p

Latest posts