Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hey, BBH....we're joining the Oink Club here. :lol: :D

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
BBH... I wish like the DEVIL that I had a picture of my Mom's dogs!!
"Genie" was the first and probably the BEST.....but Brandy wasn't far behind! They BOTH had a super DUPER personality! God I miss those times! Mom had a picture of me, prolly only 3-4 years old, straddling Genie like I was riding a pony!! :gig :gig

LOVED those dogs!!

I just sent my sis an email to see if MAYBE she might have a picture or two................

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
SKR8PN, I agree with your assessment of this pig and I also fear for his welfare in the hands of BBH. How 'bout I pick him up and bring him over to you? :D

Be there ASAP....pig is in the mail! :) No, really.....I WILL bring him, I just have to fit it into my schedule......

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Bee.....are you planning to 'save' little Benson from BBH's Death Camp for Piggies? :gig

Yeah, sure....you and SKR8PN....out to save the piggy :duc

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i'm trying SO hard to be the big bad animal executioner, but i've not had to test my resolve yet. very soon a few chickens have an appointment with my freezer though... i'm pretty sure everyone i have ever known is planning on coming out to witness this, as none of them think i can do it.

i would NEVER be able to slaughter a pig if i only had one... or two... maybe even three! if i only had 1 or 2, i'd get WAY to attached. i've lived on a cattle farm most of my life and still couldn't part with the calf i bottle raised. he ended up leading the totally charmed life until he died at 13 (to be fair, everyone else fell in love with him too, even my tough guy father). with the chickens, i have to distance myself from the freezer-bound ones as much as i can.

BBH, you are so much braver than me.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bibliophile, I'm the same way! I want to raise my own pork at some point, but I'm not sure I wouldn't end up with a 400lb pet. I have a hard time killing chickens. I find it helps if I think about being grateful to them while doing the deed, or say some small prayer in my head.

I plan on living vicariously through this thread, for now :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dace said:
Bee.....are you planning to 'save' little Benson from BBH's Death Camp for Piggies? :gig

Yeah, sure....you and SKR8PN....out to save the piggy :duc
Well....you KNOW I could never kill a piggy :D ...no way....never in a mil'.....and I only offered to bring him to SKR8PN....when I get the chance I'll definitely drop him off...in a year or two....if he's still here and not gone to the great freezer in the sky...oops! :duc

BBH is spoiling that pig rotten and his meat won't be fit to eat when she is done.......oops! Did it again.....I mean....he won't be content until he is living a long and fruitful life here on Harmony Acres where animals never, never, ever get turned into food for us humans. I swear.... :frow