OKLAHOMA :)

UnsophisticatedFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Howdy! Hoping to catch a few fellow OKIES on here and start up a active thread for us. Please say hello and introduce yourself.

UnsophisticatedFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Since I am the post starter I will go ahead and introduce myself.

Hello I am Jeannie, A wife, Homeschooling Momma and hen of the homestead. We currently call Elgin home. A year ago we bought our first home on 4 acres with hopes of turning it into a active hobby farm. Our desire is to grow into a more self reliant family so that we will not rely so much on outside sources to sustain us.

We currently raise turkeys, chickens, duck, geese and goats... we also have a pony 2 dogs, 2 cats and countless field mice. We are members of the BYC and support American Livestock Breed Conservancy.

Jeannie

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Welcome!!! I think you have found yourself in good company here!!!! (I do think there are more Okies here though.)

:welcome

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi there,

We were just in Elgin in September. Tuttle HS was playin' ya'll in Football. (GO TIGERS! :celebrate) ok, I'm done.

Welcome, this is a great bunch!

Stimpy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
UnsophisticatedFarmGirl said:

Hello I am Jeannie, A wife, Homeschooling Momma and hen of the homestead. We currently call Elgin home. A year ago we bought our first home on 4 acres with hopes of turning it into a active hobby farm. Our desire is to grow into a more self reliant family so that we will not rely so much on outside sources to sustain us.

We currently raise turkeys, chickens, duck, geese and goats... we also have a pony 2 dogs, 2 cats and countless field mice. We are members of the BYC and support American Livestock Breed Conservancy.

Jeannie
Hey Jeannie,

I just came by to say hey, and see what y'all were doing over here.

-Stimp-

UnsophisticatedFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Stimpy said:
UnsophisticatedFarmGirl said:

Jeannie
Hey Jeannie,

I just came by to say hey, and see what y'all were doing over here.

-Stimp-
Well hey there fellow Okie in the BYC..

I am really liking this site even if OK is not up there like the other states here... But I am gleening from the info through out the board.

UnsophisticatedFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Good Morning and BRRRR its nippy outside and currently reading 15 degrees in the Chicken Coop, I hope I dont have frozen chicken to put away LOL.:D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I went to a small, now defunct, Bible college in Tulsa back in the early 1970's, and ended up living there five years. Worked as a ghost writer for a corrupt national evangelist who shall remain nameless, out on Lewis Avenue.

I want very much to go back for a visit, but most of the people I knew way back then have either moved away or died, so I will have to rely on memories of places we went and things we did.

I occasionally visit nostalgic Tulsa websites like http://www.losttulsa.com/ (I lived across the street from Sheridan Lanes for three years.)

I miss Riverside Drive and the Skelley Oil Building changing colors during Christmas, Phillbrook Museum and studying for finals in the gazebo, ordering lunch at the Boston Avenue Market, and walking to King's Food Host after curfew.

I was there when Woodland Hills Mall opened, and never could quite afford the price of admission at Utica Square. Rode the wooden rollercoaster at the State Fair when Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings sang "Luckenbach, Texas" in the amphitheater.

Living in Tulsa was probably the best time of my entire life.

UnsophisticatedFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Another crisp cool morning here in our neck of the woods... BRRR sure glad our fur and feathered babies outside are doing ok..

If anyone is interested in Shawnee on the 12 and 13th there is a poultry show... I personally wont be able to attend due to other obligations but thought to pass it along to you all.

Jeannie

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Howdy! I'm in Ohio, but I was born at the Air Force Base in Altus, Oklahoma. My mom was stationed there.