OKLAHOMA :)

Greendecember

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
Something new I'm trying this year. I dug an area (not ness you can just put them on top of the ground) and placed tires in, then planted my potato sets in the tires and back filled w/ dirt. (that is why I chose to dig the spot, so I didn't have to buy or haul dirt.) Then you just wait for them to grow, when the tops out grow the tires, you put another tire layer on top and fill w/ straw, leaves, hay whatever and repeat as often as they out grow the next layer until the end of the growing season. Then you just dissassemble and pick your potatoes all the way down. The plant is supose to set potatoes all the way up as it grows. This is my first year so this is not from experience, but so far so good.
interesting

Okie Amazon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have done potato tires before. Works well. You do have to be careful about the lowest tier getting too much water, though.

Kassaundra

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okie Amazon said:
We have done potato tires before. Works well. You do have to be careful about the lowest tier getting too much water, though.
That may be an issue most springs, but somehow I don't think that is going to be an issue this year!!!!!!! :/

Latest posts