Old - but still working an 8 hour day.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Who is the oldest person you know who is still working an 8 hour day?

My FIL has sold real estate since the 1970's. Today you can still find him at his office from 9 to 5 - Monday through Friday, and he will be 96 this July. :old

Know anybody that can top that? :plbb

Catalina

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I know of an 83 y/o radiologist -still working and flying his airplane.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Tallman said:

My FIL has sold real estate since the 1970's. Today you can still find him at his office from 9 to 5 - Monday through Friday, and he will be 96 this July. :old

That's fantastic! It is such a blessing to have a job you love. I hope I'm still working at that age. :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer. If I can still work a mouse, I will still be designing until I keel over :D

My dad retired from the steel industry, and now he volunteers on an education tour boat in Florida. He loves being on the water. He will do that until they pry his carcass of the boat.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As for me, I am 61 and would like to work until I'm 70 plus. I buy right of way for pipeline, electric lines or whatever; however, my last job finished about 2 weeks ago, and there isn't much work going on. Hope things pick up.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Dh's stepmom worked until 80 she was in chage of a facility for disadvantaged & disabled children(director). She retired 1 mo before dfil had a quad bypass & has been playing nursemaid off & on for a few yrs now as he gets sick(he is 65 this yr). My dad retired at age 65 1/2 he has worked hard physical labor since he was 4 on his grandfathers farm & then construction after that. Now he works on Sun afternoon/evening delivering pizza for Poppa Johns(8 hrs). Gives my mom one day of peace & quiet without him around. LOL

Gazinga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My grandfather (mom's dad) worked till he was 96. Owned his own jaitorial service cleaning office buildings at night. He would have worked longer except a drunk teen driver killed him in an auto accident.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gazinga said:
My grandfather (mom's dad) worked till he was 96. Owned his own jaitorial service cleaning office buildings at night. He would have worked longer except a drunk teen driver killed him in an auto accident.
That's really something! :thumbsup

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tallman said:

My Dad and Tony's Dad.

My Dad (Don) never stops. He is 78 and works the farmer market every Sat.....up from 5 AM and sets up and sells for about 8n hrs. and loves it. When not working for me, Dad does something 10 hrs. per day from making furniture to exercising etc.

Tony's Dad (Ralph) works the farm. From 6 AM til end of day he feeds animals, works hay, the farm etc. etc. This is 7 days per week!

2 guys that swear that works keeps you living! I like that attitude!

And me and Tony are not far behind....hmm....being near 50 in age, does that count? LOL-LOL