OMG I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
You will NEVER guess what my DH wants to do for me, well for us actually, as a Christmas gift to ourselves!!

It is NOT a definite thing, it mostly depends on if we can schedule a sitter for a day, and we will most likely be doing this before Christmas. Albeit, would probably need it more after Christmas LOLOLOL

Oh and it is NOT very frugal, pocket book wise anyway.

HE WANTS TO GO TO A SPA AND GET MASSAGES TOGETHER!!

And then afterwards maybe dinner???

So he told me to research the local spa (not really local, 45 minutes away, but hey..) and he said we will decide which massage we want, and if we can put it in the budget without breaking the bank, and IF we can get childcare (biggie here!) for all five kids.....OH I cannot tell you how excited I am!

I don't care if we don't even get to do it!! Just the IDEA that he WANTS to do it is enough for me!! How wonderful of him!!!

ETA: I love him anyway, I am just surprised he wants to do this!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You go girl. You deserve a day off. Hope this all works out for you.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, a what a guy! Frankie probably wouldnt be caught dead in a spa! Cool that your sweetie want to go too! What a treat!
Hope it happens!
Tina/tpfets

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: Better watch out QA. If he wants you both to drink WINE with your dinner...........mmmmmm.....you are relaxed, well fed, sounds like WINING AND DINING. :ep You know, if you two were just dating I would almost say he is going to expect payment for all this lavish attention.........MUH HAHAHAHA
I am begging you QA, just tell him that all this does not mean you owe him anything, lol. But just to be on the safe side, you know you have to bring some in your purse.

OMG, go have fun. I really hope you can. Call your mom to come over for the NIGHT.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo for you!! I read your post title thinking "What kind of animal is she getting now?" :gig

I've tried to talk my DH into a massage for months now. He has a very stressfull job, and I think it would help. Of course, I would have to go along too. (Just to keep an eye on him) :gig

Go, enjoy and have fun!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nope, no animals (unless you count HIM :p) :lol:

Talked to mom this morning, told her his idea, and she said no matter if my cousins kids are still there, she'll keep ALL five kids for us so we can go do this!! WOOT!

We decided to go with the cheapest massage LOL I figured we could try to be as frugal as possible about it, right? It's a full body Swedish massage.

I told DH with our luck, if we are able to work it into the budget, they will probably be booked solid until after Christmas :rolleyes:

After pricing the massage, I would rather cook him a nice dinner at home. No eating out! I can buy up some nice dinner preparations ahead of time (thinking couple cornish hens) and cook them with a bit of stuffing, creamy mashed tators, side of some kind of green veggie, cottage cheese decorated with parsely and baby carrots for dessert...followed by chocolate cake for a real dessert!!

Hmm...made myself hungry! LOL

No wine, roosmom, I am breastfeeding, so that's off limits. :) I can get some sparkling Welch's drinks from the grocery, non alcoholic!

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:love I would love it if my DH would do that with me :fl He is a steel worker and he is always stiff so I need to rub his back down because it hurts him so much. He deserves it. But he would never live it down with all our hunting buddies :gig Eventhough they secretly wish they had one to lol. Have a great time and I hope you get in soon :fl