One of our Homesteading Family Needs Help.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
One of my dear Christian homesteading friends is in desperate need. Old Fashioned joined this forum in 2009, so she has been a member of this community for a LONG time although she has not been too active recently. She has recently recovered from cancer and still has multiple physical problems that are preventing her from holding a job and now her husband is facing this life threatening illness as well.

Her husband has already beaten the "two months to live" diagnosis, but the battle has taken a toll on everyone in the family. There are two high school age teens in this family as well. Both boys have been trying to help out by earning money where they can, but the possibilities to earn money for them are very limited. This family desperately needs your prayers, help and your support if possible. I am sure that any small amount will be vastly appreciated.

This is a long time homesteading family. This is not someone who is constantly complaining about her lot in life. As a matter of a fact she never even shared her personal cancer battle with anyone other than family until she was sure she was winning. She is a remarkable woman and keeps up her good sense of humor in spite of all of the stress that she and her family are going through.

This family is like so many others in this homesteading community. They do their best to take care of their own business and not ask for help, but the combined strain of both adults in this home dealing with extreme health issues has emptied their savings and their resources.

When my friend first got sick with her cancer and had to quit work the family ended up using most of their savings to keep the bills paid. This new challenge has left them with no cash in the reserves.

At this point, I think, they are still good on food. For now, they have preps in place like good homesteaders should and have plenty in their stores. The problem is in paying the mortgage. Her husband WILL be getting disability payments soon, they have been unable to meet their mortgage payments since he had to leave work. They are to the point now that they are going to possibly lose their home, which is also the current source of their food supply as well. They are now six months behind on the payment and the bank is demanding the back amounts. I would just hate to see them lose their home of 18 years with all of the fruit trees and other homestead improvements that they have worked so hard for over the years. Even finding another smaller home or apartment in the area would be hard for the same payment.

Recently her sister in law has set up a Go Fund me to help them not to lose their home. Please donate if possible - even a couple of dollars will help - and share this in what ever way you possibly can.

https://www.gofundme.com/pleasehelpalexrena

If you can't donate then I covet your prayers for this family. Please add them to your prayer list.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Lord has blessed me, and I am glad to help out.

My prayers are with this family.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Please pass this on to others. Every little bit helps.