Online guide to plants edible to animals

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well the dandelions we have around here I think are actually sow thistle.

BB, I think they are listing plants that have any poisonous parts....apple is on the list because of the seeds. I wonder if part of the corn plant is not good for rabbits?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think Im going to try and feed them fodder next fall and winter. SD, do you sprout plants for your animals? I cant remember if you said you did or not......

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
No, but I've been reading those threads. I can't quite picture where I would sprout at....my house is small and I have no barn.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think CrimsonRose does it in a mason jar, you may want to consider that.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'll have to think about where to sprout. I have house cats that tend to disturb plants on windowsills and such.

But when I look out the window I see nothing but plants and when we drive away, the wild bunnies scatter. The breed around here like rabbits. :lol:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
SD, I saw on that list the "corn plant" was poisonous. Is that corn? If so, can they have corn fodder?
I have not seen the list in question but "corn plant" is a common-name for a houseplant in the genus Dracaena which is moderately toxic and, because it is such a COMMON houseplant, tends to appear on just about all toxic plants lists.

Actual corn, the thing that ears of corn grow on, aka maize, is not poisonous to anyone or anything, unless of course ya choke on it or that sorta thing.

Pat