Ontario, Canada

sweetproserpina

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Another Ontarian checking in :)

I'm just up on the south side of Lake Ontario, above Stoney Creek.

ps. This site is great! I think I'll be spending too much time here, lol!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
sweetproserpina said:
Another Ontarian checking in :)

ps. This site is great! I think I'll be spending too much time here, lol!
I agree!! i have to say this one is gonna give BYC a run for its money once it really gets going!!!

(thanks NIfty!!!!!!!!!)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another Ontarian here!

Hastings County (in Stirling Township just north of Bonerlaw), Ontario, which is north of Belleville :)

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ontario also about half way between winnieg and thunderbay then north 170 kilometers. and what is byc

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
To all you folks from Ontario, Canada...I made my first trip to Ontario when I was 5 years old and with the exeption of the last 5 years have spent every summer vacation for the last 36 years at Lake Of The Woods, Nestor Falls, Ontario. We spent a couple vacations a little farther north at Cedar Lake. I think it's one of the most beautiful areas on the planet! Love the blueberries!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hoosier girl said:
To all you folks from Ontario, Canada...I made my first trip to Ontario when I was 5 years old and with the exeption of the last 5 years have spent every summer vacation for the last 36 years at Lake Of The Woods, Nestor Falls, Ontario. We spent a couple vacations a little farther north at Cedar Lake. I think it's one of the most beautiful areas on the planet! Love the blueberries!
Ugh, I can't remember where that is! ... What's the closest major town (or city), I live in Land-o-lakes area, Quinte-Ganonocque-Hastings County-Kawarthas, by the border :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
captchris said:
ontario also about half way between winnieg and thunderbay then north 170 kilometers. and what is byc
Is that up around Kenora?

BYC is a sister site--Backyard chickens. See the link down at the botom of the main page. Welcome!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Another Ontarian here!

Hastings County (in Stirling Township just north of Bonerlaw), Ontario, which is north of Belleville :)
When I lived up north, I loved seeing the Lupins growing at the side of the roads--Is that how you came up with the name?