Ontario, Canada

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
lupinfarm said:
Another Ontarian here!

Hastings County (in Stirling Township just north of Bonerlaw), Ontario, which is north of Belleville :)
When I lived up north, I loved seeing the Lupins growing at the side of the roads--Is that how you came up with the name?
Yes it is! When we first viewed the farm there were lupin's flowering in the ditches of several homes as we drove up #62, since the Lupin is my mother's favourite flower, she took it as kind of a sign :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
How'd I miss this thread the first time 'round?

Hi all -- I'm just north of Uxbridge, forty five minutes or so north of Toronto.

Pat

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
kenora is on lake of the woods and yes i am abot 3 hours from kenora

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hoosier girl said:
To all you folks from Ontario, Canada...I made my first trip to Ontario when I was 5 years old and with the exeption of the last 5 years have spent every summer vacation for the last 36 years at Lake Of The Woods, Nestor Falls, Ontario. We spent a couple vacations a little farther north at Cedar Lake. I think it's one of the most beautiful areas on the planet! Love the blueberries!
cedar lake is very close to where i live it is beautiful but have to agrue about most beautiful on the planet. there are three tourist camps on the lake i live on most americans here come from ohio illinios and idaho not many from indiana

thegrandlittlefarm

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I was born in Brantford Ont. and moved as a little girl to St. John's Newfoundland. My husband and two young boys and I have a small farm here in Portugal Cove Nf. which is right on the edge of the Atlantic ocean. Rugged beauty at its most awesome!

FarmGirl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm an army brat so we've lived in London (ON), Belleville, North Bay, Belleville again and Ottawa.

Right now my husband and I live in Mississauga (just outside of Toronto) but we own some land in Milford which is near Picton and that's where we plan to retire to our 'farm'. It's just land right now but we're hoping to get set up so that we can live more self sufficiently.

I'm glad I found this site so that we can learn how others are doing it :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmGirl said:
I'm an army brat so we've lived in London (ON), Belleville, North Bay, Belleville again and Ottawa.

Right now my husband and I live in Mississauga (just outside of Toronto) but we own some land in Milford which is near Picton and that's where we plan to retire to our 'farm'. It's just land right now but we're hoping to get set up so that we can live more self sufficiently.

Welcome!! :cool:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmGirl said:

Lots of wineries in the Milford area ;) lol