organic eggs!!!!

garden boy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi,my name is jackson.I live in inverness FL.I have organic eggs for sale!!!!!!Sorry i dont ship the eggs.You can pick them up or if you live close I can deliver!They are $3.00 a dozen.I promise you will love these big brown eggs!:D

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Might wanna put this under the Items for Sale/Trade section. BTW....I sell my eggs for a dollar more a dozen. But most of the $ I make isn't on eggs, but hatching of the chicks. Good luck.

garden boy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i would sell the chicks, but we live in a urban area so we cant own a rooster:/ but these people are giving us eggs to incubate!thank you for commenting!!

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I see organic eggs listed on Craigslist all the time, maybe you should try listing them there, as well :) BTW, I sell mine for $3 a dozen and they are not organic- on CL I've seen organic go for $4-$6 dozen. Look around to see what others are selling them for in your area, and dont shortchange yourself. Also, put up little signs here and there, at feedstores, gas stations, etc, and you wont be able to keep any eggs for yoruself :)

I dont know what state you're in, I guess I should tell you to check with your state agriculture to see if it's legal to sell eggs, and what guidelines you need to follow. Here in NM you can sell all you want to anyone, even a grocery store, as long as you dont produce over a certain number per week- I can't recall for sure, but it's something like 250 dozen per week, and you can't advertise them as "farm fresh" or "homegrown" lol

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We can sell off farm without getting egg selling license.

My eggs aren't organic, but are allowed to free range since we are on acreage, and I sell for $2.50 a dozen. I've been told I should raise it to $3.00 a dozen.

There is a health food store around here that has organic, free range eggs for $7.00 a dozen.

garden boy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the comments!!!The only reason i have them for 2$ is because i sell them to my friends and family and i don't want to cheat them.I especially don't want to cheat you!!!

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
CL is a great resource to see what they're going for in your area. Around here, $3/doz is about what folks get. That's what I charge for ours. I reckon they're considered "organic" since they don't get stuff to eat that's been treated with anything ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You can keep that price for friends and family, but still advertise a bit higher for everyone else. At $2 a dozen we're just concerned you're not getting enough to even cover feed costs, much less labor. I calculated what my eggs cost me one year and I wasn't even charging enough to cover feed at $2 a dozen! There is a lot of work in taking care of those birds, and you should account for a bit for labor costs per dozen beyond the production costs. And I agree, CL is a great place to get new customers :)

garden boy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
thank you for all the comments. I guess it wasnt a good idea to post a egg ad on this site because everybody already owns chickens!! And what is this "CL" everbody talks about??

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sorry, that is Craigslist. If you're not familiar with it it is a local online want ads where you can publish your ad for free. Most everyone has heard of it, but if you haven't I'd be happy to go further into detail for you on how to set up and publish an ad.