Organic versus Conventional

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
1. Is the majority of your food organic or conventional?
Probably the majority of what we cook at home is organic (although not certified as such). We do however eat out quite often and of course that food is conventional. We either raise our own fruits and veggies or buy from our local farm market from mostly non-spraying farmers. I raise my own chicken and turkey. We get rabbit, duck, and occasionally venison from farming friends or barter. We buy the rest of our meat "on the hoof" and have it custom processed.

2. If organic, what foods do you tend to focus on buying organic?
If I buy greens I always buy organic. I also prefer organic potatoes since we eat the skins.

3. If you feel comfortable stating this, what general income level do you fall in--- low to medium

4. Where/how do you buy/grow your organic produce?
Our local farm market or health food store. I shop at a health food store quite often since I am Celiac and can not eat gluten. I have to buy all my bread, flour and other baked goods there and often buy other organic foods while I am there.

5. What % more would you be willing to pay for your food in order to have it be organic?
I am willing to pay more for organic, but lets be reasonable. Often the organic I grow and buy is actually CHEAPER than conventional, because I buy it farmer direct. [/i]

6. WHY do you choose the growth model of food you do? I started buying and growing organic primarily for TASTE. I think the food is just generally better nutritionally as well. Where I buy it is usually fresher as well.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I grow alot of my own veggies. natural as I can be.

meats, I eat mostly my own.

I rarely buy organic because of price.

If there is a great deal then yes I grab organic first.

I do what I can when I can but right now the grocery budget just doesn't include organic prices for everything yet.

I do the best I can with my eyeballs geared for the best product when I can afford it.