Organized Stock for SHTF

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We don't have dangerous snakes here. I've found garter snakes in the house twice. They just get moved back outside.

Rodents are an issue. Mice, rats, voles, and shrews have all found their way in. The stupid wolf spiders have been coming in like they do every autumn. I kill them. The cellar spiders live inside in certain spots. There is always one or two in the corner of the shower. We leave them. They catch bugs and are fairly easy to teach to stay in certain spots, like near the backdoor.

i leave most of the spiders alone, wolf spiders are active hunters and will keep other bugs and spiders down in numbers. we have cellar spiders too and i don't normally mind them. some of the smallest spiders i've ever seen are being used by me as a control for fungus gnats and other small flying bugs that can pop up in the worm buckets (since i bring in dirt and other stuff from the outside once in a while to put in them) - so far they're working out very well. :)

the jumping spiders are usually around too, often i end up putting them back outside after they've hitch hiked in on our clothes.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've been getting Ball and Kerr canning lids in sporadically here. The co-op food store has been better at it but others have as well.

The microchip manufacturers want the auto industry to come into the modern age instead of using late 90s tech. Modern stuff is much small as well as faster. Smaller means less materials to build.