Organized Stock for SHTF

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to go through all my stored stuff. Nothing like moving as incentive to to get that done. I had started it, I used up rice that I stored some 10 years ago in canning my dog food chicken. I started canning the pinto beans I stored so they would be easier to cook and use. I need to use, then restock my SHTF essentials. I'll just have to figure out how much of what I need to store. I have several buckets wheat berries, a mill and my husband was not a fan of home ground flour wheat bread. He preferred Mrs Bairds. LOL LOL

Will all these shortages continue? Will the supply chain remain broken in so many places? How long will this last?

I don't have the answer to this. So I will go through my reserves as I prepare to move to see what I need more or less of. I'll continue to stock up on canning supplies, you can never have too much of that!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Will all these shortages continue? Will the supply chain remain broken in so many places? How long will this last?

Shortages in general are expected to last a year or two, but I think electronics (including cars and appliances) will be slowest to recover. Crop failures will work out the next season. Meat shortages are generally faster to recover. Most shortages are hiccups in a supply chain, from various COVID shutdowns globally, from what I understand. Some of them have snowballed.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL - I ain't skeered of no copperhead. I was bitten by one when I was a teenager and I survived that one. Doesn't that give me immunity? :hu
Sure it does! :lol:

A couple of months ago, there was a copperhead on the front porch. Paris started stalking it, it looked about to strike. Fortunately I didn't put a shovel away, it was leaned up against the porch. I chopped the snake's head off. Paris might not be a fast as she used to be.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shortages in general are expected to last a year or two, but I think electronics (including cars and appliances) will be slowest to recover. Crop failures will work out the next season. Meat shortages are generally faster to recover. Most shortages are hiccups in a supply chain, from various COVID shutdowns globally, from what I understand. Some of them have snowballed.

remember when Just-In-Time supply chains were a big thing? heh...