1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Farm Dogs
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Organizing and decluttering the homestead

Discussion in 'Everything Else Homestead Living' started by Beekissed, May 29, 2017.

1. Sep 4, 2017
    sumi

sumi Super Self-Sufficient Administrator

My mother and I had a bumpy relationship all my life, which lead me to me finally giving up and cutting contact with her 3 years ago. Not for lack of trying from my side, she simply would not allow things to work between us. My father and I (thanks to my mother) never had a good relationship, until he moved into a care facility and my son was born. We finally clicked and had a wonderful, wonderful few months, before he sadly passed away, much too soon! :( My grandfather and I never got along either... We could not have a conversation without arguing. Then my father and gran passed within weeks of each other. The double loss knocked the wind out of my granddad and we finally met and connected and got along so well! I treasure the few years we had before he too passed away. It's so wonderful to have a good loving relationship with a parent and grandparent. Beekissed, your mom sounds so amazing and she raised an amazing daughter!

Beekissed likes this.
  2. Sep 4, 2017
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

Sumi, she is truly amazing and if I have any natural good in me, outside the goodness of Jesus Christ, it's largely due to her. :love

The organizing and decluttering continues....got the grandkid's dresser drawers and stored clothing out, sorted and eliminated, stored some more and now have a dresser that only has clothing that fits in it. Relief! Fall and winter gear out and ready.

Still working on the pantry....have the tool shelf to organize yet. Will try to get to it tonight after doing outside work all day.

Each day I get a little further along on this ongoing project and it feels GOOD.

Bought a dowel rod and curtain rod hangers so that I can hang up my canning rings in the pantry...can't wait to get that done!

Finally got that bedskirt I bought at Good Will on Mom's bed...only been hanging around here for a year now. :rolleyes: Bought another, better one, there last week for my own bed, so changed out the bedskirts there. NICE.

sumi and tortoise like this.
  3. Sep 5, 2017
    sumi

sumi Super Self-Sufficient Administrator

I'll bet that feels good! I got rid of so much stuff when I moved. It's amazing how quickly we can slip into clutter and accumulate too much unnecessary things. I'm going to guard against doing that again. 2 Weeks in and so far so good ;) I really need to sort out my guest bedroom though. I put a lot of things in there for sorting through later and have done a great job ignoring it so far :hide

Beekissed likes this.
  4. Sep 6, 2017
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Almost Self-Reliant

Nothing like having company to give you incentive to clean a guest room! :) I'll be cleaning mine this week.

tortoise likes this.