baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are so brave to post those pictures! LOL My portable building is just as bad. My porch is cluttered too. It’s got to GO!

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well...today's clean out wasn't NEAR as extensive as previous years. Each year we whittle away at the stuff more and more and this year was no different. I just keep going back up there to the shed and walking into the neatness of it all...it looks and feels so good!!! :weee :celebrate I can FIND stuff! :ya

Before...

View attachment 2999

View attachment 3001

After pulling all the junk outside to sort, clean and eliminate...

View attachment 3003 View attachment 3002

Piles of it!

View attachment 3004

Uncovered Grandma's old copper kettle :love

View attachment 3005

Put together a tall shelving unit...easiest assembly I've ever done on a shelf, took all of 5 min. and a mallet to do it. These things are sturdy, tough as nails and very affordable...lasts for years without any sign of wear or breakdown.

View attachment 3006 View attachment 3007

One cart load already hauled to the temporary "farm" dump site, which is cleaned up later and taken to the dump in the fall. Takes a good bit of time to accumulate enough stuff to warrant a trip to the dump but we've about reached it.

This cart is stuff to take to the dump

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well...today's clean out wasn't NEAR as extensive as previous years. Each year we whittle away at the stuff more and more and this year was no different. I just keep going back up there to the shed and walking into the neatness of it all...it looks and feels so good!!! :weee :celebrate I can FIND stuff! :ya

Before...

View attachment 2999

View attachment 3001

After pulling all the junk outside to sort, clean and eliminate...

View attachment 3003 View attachment 3002

Piles of it!

View attachment 3004

Uncovered Grandma's old copper kettle :love

View attachment 3005

Put together a tall shelving unit...easiest assembly I've ever done on a shelf, took all of 5 min. and a mallet to do it. These things are sturdy, tough as nails and very affordable...lasts for years without any sign of wear or breakdown.

View attachment 3006 View attachment 3007

One cart load already hauled to the temporary "farm" dump site, which is cleaned up later and taken to the dump in the fall. Takes a good bit of time to accumulate enough stuff to warrant a trip to the dump but we've about reached it.

This cart is stuff to take to Good Will....

View attachment 2998

To be cont......
I have used these plastic shelving units..i place a wooden broom or shovel handle that broke off down in the "holes" ..Allows for more stability as i have had the plastic "give" and collaspe in the past. Awesome job too! Sure feels good when things are neat!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We bought a lot of those metal shelves for our shed. They go down one wall and fit storage tubs very well. I've been slowly going through them and switching to smaller ones that I can move easier. Means getting rid of a lot of stuff.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Still not quite finished on the shed project....it was a big mess, so taking a tad longer. My son, Eli, built me a storage/work bench along one wall today and that was a huge bonus. He built it out of heavy pallet materials but had to break down the pallets first, so this thing took most of the day to build...and that heavy thing ain't goin' nowheres. :D Perfect for what I had wanted and everything fit like a glove under it and around it.

Will finish up tomorrow and then haul stuff left over off the land, some to the dump, some to Good Will. Other items will be listed on FB marketplace for sale.

It will feel so very good to get this done so we can find all our tools and such for all the other projects we have to get done this year.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You are so brave to post those pictures! LOL My portable building is just as bad. My porch is cluttered too. It’s got to GO!
Yeah....it is pretty embarrassing....but it shows we all have our mountains to climb, doesn't it? :D I vowed today that, if it's in my power to do so, I'll never let it get that bad again in this life. Last year was just to taken up with fence building and wood shed building and all and all and all, that the building got passed by.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got it finished!!! Well...almost. Still have one work surface that needs sorting into small bins, but that's just a small work bench, so will work on that tomorrow.

Hauled stuff to the dump, some to Good Will and have some to sell.

Son, Eli, built me a large work bench in the shed that has storage under it and also placed a long shelf on either end of the shed for additional storage. Used pallet wood for all of that construction.

Before.....

1617843262759.png

....after...but still a little bit to put away and stuff to gather for the dump, but you get the picture...

DSCF0001 (2).JPG

Before....

1617844036299.png

After...new shelf over window and new work bench out of old pallet materials.

DSCF0005 (2).JPG

Before....

1617845099123.png

After....

DSCF0002 (1).JPG

....and the last little bit of clutter that remains to be finished tomorrow, some hardware and misc. items that defy a category, but mostly just hardware.

DSCF0009 (1).JPG

I've been thanking God all day long for the finish to this project, as this one allows us to better complete all the rest of this season's projects. Feels good to get this key part accomplished.