baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to declutter SO BAD! But we have been working outside doing garden work or cleaning out sheep barn and spreading the manure over pastures for almost 2 months. We drag in exhausted and collapse. My house is a mess and i hate it but I'm too tired to care.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I need to declutter SO BAD! But we have been working outside doing garden work or cleaning out sheep barn and spreading the manure over pastures for almost 2 months. We drag in exhausted and collapse. My house is a mess and i hate it but I'm too tired to care.

I know that exact feeling. I've got spots and areas of clutter that are just waiting a good clean up and taking things back to their rightful place. That's what rainy days are for, huh?

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goodwill has gotten smart. They sell the collectible stuff with online auction. And sell the books on amazon. But keep store prices decent.
Hm. That might not be so great. If I know I’m not going to find any neat finds at Goodwill because all the best books and other stuff that’s not junk is being reserved for on line customers, then I won’t be motivated to go and search through all their shelves of clutter.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't shopped at Goodwill since I found out they are NOT a charitable organization, but a For Profit corporation that managed to get special treatment because they promised to hire the handicapped. They may be hiring a certain class of handicapped, but I personally have never seen anyone working there that had any obvious handicap.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have seen some disabled people working for Goodwill around here, and my aunt worked for one for a while. I was told that, most of the time, the handicapped are working in the back under close supervision. And not out front with the general public.

Latest posts