baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We’ve been in our house going on 6 years. Things have gotten out of control. It’s on my radar to clear clutter. I’m taking one room at a time. I figure I’ll wind up with only one room full of cluttery crap. Then I can chainsaw it loose and drag it to the burn pile. Dunno what I’ll tell the insurance company. SOMEBODY STOLE MY ROOM!!!!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Funny, @baymule :lol:

Sounds exactly like where we are sitting. drag it to the burn pile ...
I am hoping the last room is the mud room and it can just go! Actually, it is a room that was added onto the house at some point - not by us. Construction was not up to standards, the floor is slanted a little bit and bounces - so either the joists are either not big enough or are spaced too far apart. The light fixture has a flicker problem, I swear that the builder is stuck in the ceiling trying to do Morse code for me to cut him out. The light fixture in the laundry closet has completely stopped working - it is on the same switch as the flickering light so I don't know what to think.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm still pretty tickled with the results of the big push for the party clean up....feels good to walk through the mud room/pantry and the yard without seeing all the clutter. Makes fall that much prettier!

Still doing a staining, painting, cleaning spree of various things while the weather is still warm, as soon I'll be cutting and splitting firewood nearly every day to fill the wood shed and the extension we built. Still have to put the roofing on that and build a platform for the wood to be stored under there.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been scanning, purging, e-filing, and filing stacks of papers. I made a dent in them today, but it's still an overwhelming backlog to work through. Scanning and e-filing is a slow process, but retrieval is easier for me.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been scanning, purging, e-filing, and filing stacks of papers. I made a dent in them today, but it's still an overwhelming backlog to work through. Scanning and e-filing is a slow process, but retrieval is easier for me.
Thanks a lot for mentioning papers. I got a desk full of receipts that I got to sort, add up and get ready for tax time. Phooey!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We’ve been in our house going on 6 years. Things have gotten out of control. It’s on my radar to clear clutter. I’m taking one room at a time. I figure I’ll wind up with only one room full of cluttery crap. Then I can chainsaw it loose and drag it to the burn pile. Dunno what I’ll tell the insurance company. SOMEBODY STOLE MY ROOM!!!!

i always think that in some places it is better to just burn down a restaurant once every 5-10yrs and start over to get rid of the vermin and grease as you know a lot of those places will burn anyways... might as well do it in a planned way... j/k, but yeah, i understand... i'm sure Mom thinks of my room as you would that extra room too... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Funny, @baymule :lol:

Sounds exactly like where we are sitting. drag it to the burn pile ...
I am hoping the last room is the mud room and it can just go! Actually, it is a room that was added onto the house at some point - not by us. Construction was not up to standards, the floor is slanted a little bit and bounces - so either the joists are either not big enough or are spaced too far apart. The light fixture has a flicker problem, I swear that the builder is stuck in the ceiling trying to do Morse code for me to cut him out. The light fixture in the laundry closet has completely stopped working - it is on the same switch as the flickering light so I don't know what to think.

hate to say it but you need an electrician or someone with the knowledge to get it sorted out before it causes a further problem (like a fire). it could be an animal chewed or a poor connection or something easily fixed. you have replaced the bulb to make sure it wasn't that right? :)

if the construction was shoddy, then they probably messed up the wiring too IMO...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH is taking care of it this weekend. He worked for an electrician as a high schooler and the guy taught him alot.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Winter is here and makes indoor time more frequent, so that means time to reorganize and declutter! All those little places where I try to contain my clutter always need thinning out and organizing each winter, so worked on a few of those lately.

Got the emergency kit changed to a tote with a handle and compartments so I could organize all the items there. Took the previous container and used it to organize all my grandkids' OTC meds, so that shelf looks way better.

Got Mom's financial papers organized into a binder so I can better keep track of things and help her thin down the clutter of credit cards and such. This will help her know exactly what she spends each month compared to her total income, all in one place, as I'm making her up a page that shows that. Will continue to organize and streamline that until, in case something happens to me, anyone can step in and know how to help her in the future.

Cleaned up the sheep paddock of tarps, CP and pallets that were sheltering round bales they have chewed their way through.

Winter is a time of putting things back in order, for organizing and also for learning. It's when I can catch up on sermons, articles, videos on things I need to know, etc. Oft times I can listen to these as I declutter and organize and kill two birds with one stone.

Latest posts