Origin of Brocolli

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Yeah . . . WA state used to be big into apple production, but they cut all, ok most of the trees down. :hit
Some have, but alot of our apples/fruits are being shipped out to other countries more than selling local...probably bigger profit and that NAFTA thingy.
My fav store does sell alot (but not all) local produce, but don't sell much labeled organic. And they have great prices especially if you buy 10lbs or more. This weeks ad shows broccoli .69 for 10+lbs. They also sell meat like this with great deals on larger pkgs. Though true enough I don't know for sure where it all comes from or the growing/raising practices used, but it's hard to beat paying $3.99lb for rib steaks vs chain store $8.99+lb for smaller pkgs. The store puts up a sign that their meat comes from USA/Canada/Mexico. They do cut and pkg the meat themselves like a butcher shop.
But come to think of it, I haven't seen any labels to say if the meat is prime or choice or whatever either.....Maybe I don't wanna know right now :/

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
DrakeMaiden said:
Yeah . . . WA state used to be big into apple production, but they cut all, ok most of the trees down. :hit
Some have, but alot of our apples/fruits are being shipped out to other countries more than selling local...probably bigger profit and that NAFTA thingy.
My fav store does sell alot (but not all) local produce, but don't sell much labeled organic. And they have great prices especially if you buy 10lbs or more. This weeks ad shows broccoli .69 for 10+lbs. They also sell meat like this with great deals on larger pkgs. Though true enough I don't know for sure where it all comes from or the growing/raising practices used, but it's hard to beat paying $3.99lb for rib steaks vs chain store $8.99+lb for smaller pkgs. The store puts up a sign that their meat comes from USA/Canada/Mexico. They do cut and pkg the meat themselves like a butcher shop.
But come to think of it, I haven't seen any labels to say if the meat is prime or choice or whatever either.....Maybe I don't wanna know right now :/
What is the name of the store?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Summit Trading Co.........www.10lbsormore.com

They usually rotate their sales & cuts.......Thursday only sale had bone in rib steaks for $2.99, and probably the rest of the sale week (Wednesday thru Tuesday) would cost more. I get our meat there and then repkg it to our size.

ed: they also have one in Tukwila if that's closer

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Yup! you are right -- we get a lot of your WA apples over here in the UK, also cherries when in season. Great for us -- I look out for them! :weee

Hattie

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
EM+broccoli.JPG

Well I know where my broccoli came from! lol. And it must be organic because I didn't spray it with anything.

Picked this a week ago -Jan 2.

I just cannot image why our country would need to import broccoli from Hong Kong. :/

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score