Our dog just passed away

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh dear, doggies just don't last long enough :hit I'm so sorry bout your dog, but you're right, at least he died at home.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am so sorry. We have lost all our dogs 2 put down & 1 ran over & it is so hard to lose them. I know mine are waiting for me together again. :hit :hugs

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I was saddened to read of your loss.
It took me 5 years to get over the loss of my dog before I could get another. Then I wondered why I waited so long. I hope you find peace with this.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
It sounds like he died in a place that was comfortable for him.

I'm sorry for your loss.

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how empty our house felt when Midnight passed away. We have since gotten 2 other dogs, but we still miss her very much.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
It is weird how you keep thinking they're going to be there. Jack had a habit of sitting outside our sliding glass door in a spot where I could just see him out of the corner of my eye as I sat at the dinner table. I find myself checking for him. Or walking into my dark bedroom looking for his white fur so I don't trip over him. The other two dogs are a little out of sorts. Having them around helps though. It is nice to have another dog to reach out and touch when you're feeling the loss.
We were planning on getting a puppy this spring anyway. After some time has passed we'll be ready to look. My son really wants an Irish Setter. DH and I were gently discussing the idea of a shelter dog. He's starting to understand. I would love an Irish Setter too. My grandparents had them when I was a kid. But I think we are likely to end up going to the Humane Society.
Hmmm, starting to ramble, I think I should probably make an early night of it.