Our Parker Is Gone

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:hit:hugs Oh Baymule. I'm so sorry. I only knew Parker from your tribute but he was an amazing dog!

I wrote this when I was grieving the loss of one of my dogs. Sharing in hopes it may bring you a small measure of comfort.

Just so you know,
I'm not ready to let you go.
The years aren’t enough,
but they’re the gift we were given.

Let me cry you to sleep,
And when you awake,
Your pain will be gone,
While mine lingers on.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all your kind words. It was a hard blow, to go from bouncy and happy to a big vet bill and taking him home in a bag in a matter of a few days. Looking back, I can now see when he wasn't feeling good. Now I can see that the overweight I saw was not from eating too much bread (which he loved) but the cancer growing inside. Now I see why he didn't want to play fetch, although he good naturedly fetched the first couple of times. I thought he was fat, it wasn't fat. Now I see why he would get up and move when the 20 month old grand daughter was all over him, it hurt, but not once did he ever complain or show the tiniest bit of aggression towards the baby, not even a tiny growl. All he did was love us with every cell in his body, with the very breath of his life and with every heartbeat.

Everyone should have a Parker at least once in their life.

Thanks for the beautiful poem @framing fowl

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi you should definitely get a dog. You'll know when it is the right one. Sometimes they choose you. A dog brings so much happiness with them and they love you unconditionally.

Our DD, DSIL and grand daughter actually went to the shelter to get a small dog for his mother, but saw Parker and it was a no brainer. They got Parker for us and there ya' go.

Latest posts