Our traditional Christmas Breakfast

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this here. We get Chinese take out for Christmas eve. Alot of it. :hide

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Now for Christmas supper its ham, and some good stuffs.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Java, that's AWESOME!!! For our Christmas dinner, my mom got really sick of doing the big doings so she started doing microwave food and pizza. We'd get egg rolls, mozz. sticks, pizza poppers, mini bbq sausages, frozen pizzas, etc. Then there would be meat & cheese trays with crackers. Everyone ate whenever they wanted to and just snacked. We played board games and talked and laughed and told stories. No movies or screens.

Now that it's just MyT Man & I, we do jalapeno poppers for me, bbq chicken wings for him, a fancy cheese assortment and crackers for us both. No fuss, no muss, and we love it!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have whatever is weird for us at the time, whether it be pancakes and multiple breakfast meats or whatever. We have no set tradition. Though it would be nice...I kind of wish we did. May have catfish for Christmas breakfast this year :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I would like duck for Christmas dinner but I aint got any to spare. So I guess we'll eat some of that next year.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My mom makes a breakfast casserole... sausage, eggs, cheese, mushrooms, biscuit dough.... ummmm ummm good!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AL said:
My mom makes a breakfast casserole... sausage, eggs, cheese, mushrooms, biscuit dough.... ummmm ummm good!
they call that EGG-BAKE up here in SDAK!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Blackbird...maybe you should spend Christmas at the nursing home learning how to make those lefse :D

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Mom almost always got Entemens (sp), usually the cheese filled one and we'd have tea or cocoa with it. Easy breakfast and we'd probably get into the cookies if they weren't hidden.

Making the holiday dinner was enough to do- so she didn't cook other meals that day.