Our traditional Christmas Breakfast

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For breakfast we have no set tradition,..its usually pancakes, or waffles, or biscuits & gravy w/eggs. We do have a BIG breakfast either way, because I only cook a big Xmas eve meal, Xmas day we eat leftovers. That way I have more time to play with the kids new toys! :lol:

Collector

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I had a grandpa who died in the late 80s made and brought lefse every year we loved to eat it buttered with sugar and cinnamon on it rolled up like a buritto. Have never had any since then. He also brought halva, not even sure what it was made of but was very good and very rich so you could not eat much.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I used to have a recipe for lefse. I found it in a magazine, and had planned to make it one day, but never got the chance. :( And, now I don't have a clue as to what I did w/the recipe. :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we don't have a morning food tradition

wake up, snap up the presents, relax and check out what we got from Santa--laugh, have fun, give thanks and just chill

dinner is soooooo heavy a meal as usual for Christmas day that we just eat very light sandwich or something for a "kinda" brunch.

no breakfast dishes for this gal lol

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Being summer in this hemisphere we usually bbq our way way through Christmas, especially as school is out for the summer, so Christmas for us is the start of all the holidays here.

As for food this year it is the first time not going home, so I am roasting a turkey for the first time ever. I have never had roast turkey before. It isn't common here, and you can only buy one around Christmas time.

For desert it must be strawberry cheesecake, which my Mum has made for ever. Just the smell is Christmas to me, and a trifle. Gotta love cake, custard fruit and cream all in a pretty bowl.