Out of the mouths of children-Nice try kiddo!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this caterpillar cant bite me cause my arms are made of plastic. yes guy they sure are

me and my 7 yr old are walking throught the graveyard: is that lady sitting on the bench because she is waiting to die.

from a 10 yr old after hearing his 7 yr old sister and 4 yr old brother argue.... gosh they just dont know about life.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didn't you know caterpillars get another leg for every year they live? That's what the neighbor kids told my son, and he didn't want to believe me when I told him they were wrong!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Here is the latest, from an 11th grade Autistic girl. We were working on inferencing skills by answering simple riddles.
Me: J. what is sweet and sticky and made by bees?

J: French toast!

Unfortunately this was her "post test" to show how much progress she's made this year... :barnie

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Everyone know it's FRENCH bees!
Hey, I just wish I could give her credit for getting the sweet and sticky part right. I asked her what she'd had for breakfast that morning. Fruit Loops. That might explain some of it...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
From my own DS, age 9.
Standing at the cash register in Borders, looking at a display of random stuff for sale on the counter.
A: "Mom, weren't you just saying the other day that you need a Whoopie Cushion?"
Me: "No honey, I can honestly say I have never uttered those words in my entire life!"
Cashier: " :lol: "
Cub Scout camp next. Can't blame the kid for trying!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was in a store the other day. The kid behind me picks up a thing of tick tacks and says to his father, let's buy these for mom. Dad said no. I chatted w/them a bit, and discovered mom doesn't even LIKE tick tacks!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I was in a store the other day. The kid behind me picks up a thing of tick tacks and says to his father, let's buy these for mom. Dad said no. I chatted w/them a bit, and discovered mom doesn't even LIKE tick tacks!
I get that one a lot. "Let's get this for Dad!"

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Good one today:

Me: "Repeat after me, 'I like tomato juice.' "

4th grade Student: "I like tomato juice. No, I like PLUM juice!! What is plum juice?"

Me: "I gues it's like prune juice."

Student: "Oh, that's for ba$tard$, right?"

Me: ................speechless........

Student: "Like, old men drink that."

Me: "Right, like that." (Took me a full minute to get the giggles under control.)